Thoughts on some wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on some wheels

A few weeks ago I managed to run over something in the road that not only filleted one of my brand new Michelins, but it also cracked one of my factory 20s.
    Truck looks like this:

Factory wheels are these:

There's not a lot of decent looking wheels for 6 lug trucks. I've been looking at these:

Just looking for opinions or suggestions. Since the tires are new, I'll be keeping the wheel size at 20.

I'm currently leaning towards the first set posted.

Thanks in advance.

Alcoa doesn't have a wheel that you like, or any that fit? That would've been my first choice for a truck. I also like some of the older Weld wheels on trucks. Of the wheels you posted, I can see wheels that would look great on imports and a Mustang.

Comment

I would stick with factory wheels.

Comment

Out of the aftermarket wheels you posted I like the first one the most. If it were mine I would find a different stock wheel or leave what's on there.

Comment

#2 if you just gotta, but factory if you dont plan to lower it any
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Esky wheels or the first ones.
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

love the hell out of torque thrust wheels

Comment

throw some escalade 22's on it
                2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
                2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
                  Alcoa doesn't have a wheel that you like, or any that fit? That would've been my first choice for a truck.
                  All the Alcoa wheels I see are for bigger trucks(2500 or larger), mine is only a 1500. If they are available for a little truck, I may need to google harder.

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                  #2 if you just gotta, but factory if you dont plan to lower it any
                  It's currently just leveled by dropping the ass 2". It'll go lower once I retire it from working daily and buy my next truck in a year or two.
                  Here's the black 20" AR El Reys on a lowered Chevrolet:

Originally posted by terminator03 View Post
                  throw some escalade 22's on it
                  I might have looked at 22s if I hadn't just bought new 20" tires. And If I were going 22, it would be a set of the Trailblazer SS replicas for Silverados and Sierras. Unfortunately I haven't found any of these in 20". There was talk of making them in 20" on the truck forums, but I never saw them offered for sale.

Comment

factory

Comment

Buy some factory chrome clad wheel, pull cladding off and polish the aluminum under it. Makes a good looking wheel.

Comment

Working...
                      X