Found a '65 Chevy truck I sold in '97

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a '65 Chevy truck I sold in '97

I ran into the guy this weekend that bought my 65 Chevy truck back in 97 He said it's still in Irving in a storage lot and the new owner may sell it and to go check it out. Soooo I did. It happens to be about a hundred yards from my old dune buggy (not the turbo rail) that I built and sold in 2003 that I ran across a couple months ago on Craigslist Crazy small world

I took some pics today but won't be buying it
    (It was freshly painted when I was driving it and decently clean body Not so much anymore)

grill and bumper were perfect when I had it

same seat cover I put on

different stearing wheel and column

bad dent on the cab and front of the bed and pushed the bed over

Last edited by 2165 Turbo Rail; 10-22-2012, 06:19 PM.
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

that bitch was rode hard

Comment

My first truck was a '64 swb step side. I spent my junior/senior year fixing it up.....graduated and traded it for a new car.

When I finally get that time machine, beating some sense into myself will be the first thing I do.

Comment

this truck was bought for $500 sight unseen because I told my dad I wanted one, he put the word out and my uncle found it sitting in a guys back yard.. I said I want it and be there in a bit to pick it up. I was 16. we took it home and I cleaned out the gas tank, rebuilt the carb and adjusted the rockers and started driving it. I pulled the bed off and put 3/4 plywood as the floor and put the bed back on (I think John and Christian helped put it back on) then my dad had it painted for my 17th birthday.

Lots of memories in this truck

this happen to be the first truck I took to the street races lol.. it was an inline 6 with a 3 speed in the floor... I didn't race it, but I do remember taking it to the races the first time I went because I was scared to death that I was going to get caught... I left the door open a couple inches and key in hand LOL

Comment

It has potential.........

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
            It has potential.........
            Not near nice enough now unfortunately

Comment

Working...