Hennessey CTS-V hits 220mph on new Texas Tollroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hennessey CTS-V hits 220mph on new Texas Tollroad

He can still suck a bag of dicks, but this is pretty cool.

Texas tuner John Hennessey's work on big Detroit iron has its acolytes and detractors, but the man knows how to show off his wares. To highlight the top-speed performance of some of his big rigs, Texas authorities let him take a full-speed blast down the state's newest toll road outside Austin that opened today, one that features an 85-mph speed limit. It's just long enough for the 1,200-hp, twin-turbo Cadillac CTS-V coupe to hit 220.5 mph.

Hennessey told Jalopnik that the stunt came about after a conversation with state officials and an offer to test out a toll tag system to see if it could accurately report fines at triple-digit speeds. In addition to his 1,200-hp CTS-V coupe, Hennessey also brought a 707-hp Chevy Camaro ZL1 that managed to hit 203.9 mph along the same strip, with an even better sound. Hennessey says the CTS-V might have done 230 mph had he been granted another mile of tarmac.

And for the record: All of the electronics used by Texas state officials, including their radar guns, worked perfectly during the run. Word to the wise: 85 mph will probably be fast enough.

Hennessey VR1200 Twin Turbo Coupe runs 221 mph on the SH130 toll road near Austin, Texas and becomes the fastest Cadillac CTS-V in the world. Runs were made...

All that and he gets pulled over for no front plate!

Comment

deja vu

Comment

He's moving in that video, but he is only going 204 when he passes the sign.

Comment

cant believe our state dps, let an asshole like him do that

Comment

toll is calibrated up to 220mph if im not mistaken. so he still got a toll fee send to him. LOSER

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
              toll is calibrated up to 220mph if im not mistaken. so he still got a toll fee send to him. LOSER
              Still caking, I see.
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Sweet!
                ./ ____ _ _\.
                (]]]_ o _[[[)
                \o_FORD_o/
                |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

thats pretty cool!

Comment

what you guys didn't see, was him trying to keep up with my jetta.

Comment

I wonder which customer's car that was and how long he had it.

Comment

I saw this story last night on FOX 4 and they reported that the caddy had 2600HP i was like yeaaaaa ok sure.
                        Originally posted by Nash B.
                        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                          I saw this story last night on FOX 4 and they reported that the caddy had 2600HP i was like yeaaaaa ok sure.
                          The media is so used to doing "rounding" for Obummer.

1200--->2600

Hehehe
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I wonder if he got a ticket for not slowing or changing lanes when a cop is on the shoulder?
                            Ded

Comment

He might have got off without a ticket, but his dog was still shot.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X