X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK-48 Gunner with A-10 support

Some language

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

I want a 249/48 style weapon. And hearing the rounds impact and then the gun is awesome sounding.

Comment

"That's where they were."

'Were' being the key word there. Awesome video.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Is that "legal" to record war scenes like that? I noticed they said the date and time cannot be released, I just figured all things war related were confidential...?
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Opsec would be that they not release time and location, but its not classified.

Comment

30mm of fuck you in the ass... I like how all the enemy fire stopped once the A-10s showed up

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
              I want a 249/48 style weapon. And hearing the rounds impact and then the gun is awesome sounding.
              Those guns are so awesome. I remember the first time that I qualified with it. We were all done with the qualifications and there were a ton of rounds left over. Like 2,500 I believe, and they couldn't save them or take them back so we had to shoot them. So the RO sent all of the non quals (guys without their fish) back to the boat and the 4 guys that were qualified got to shoot the rest. Ie strapped together two bands of rounds and let me stand up and shoot that shit Rambo style. It might have been one of the coolest things that I've done that I can talk about so far in the Military!!

How much do those cost in the civilian marketplace?
              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
              There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

In Korea we were at a TOW range and were out fucking around, blowing shit up and got a call to return to our start point immediately. We decided to get a few more rounds in and then my radio goes off and it's the BC screaming to get back there at that moment. As we were pulling away from the area, we hear this buzzsaw scream and then a double thump. Looking in the mirrors my TC and I laugh because the A-10's dumped some dummies and the BC was overreacting. No biggie.

A couple seconds later the back of the truck scoots sideways a bit and you hear this massive explosion. Nope, no dummies, two A-10s dumped 1 ton bombs right where we had been. Those bastards are cool as hell.

I had a SAW in Iraq. 200 round drum and a firing rate so fast that you can overheat the barrel. I've seen them glow with heat before you can change them out. I miss it. In Iraq we had a pallet of 240B rounds and handed it to the smallest guy on the fire team (5'4 ish) and let him go to town. After linking strings longer than he was tall, the weapon was pushing him backwards in the sand. Want to play with something cool? Mk19 or a claymore
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post

There is one transferable M249, but I have seen transferable FN MAGs go for around $100,000.
                  Originally posted by lincolnboy
                  After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I wanted to be an A-10 pilot when I was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                      Virtually non existent.

If you're a dealer a pre-sample is $50k-$75k, post is about $10-$15k.

Comment

Opum! Ammo Goddammit!!!

Comment

SunofaBitch! SunofaBitch! SunofaBitch!

Comment

Ok, so here's a stupid question for those who've seen combat.

In a lot of the contact videos I've seen posted around the net, other than a sniper vid - it's almost always supressive volume fire at long to extreme range while artillery or airstrikes come down to blow the shit out of the area. (Not flanking, or marksmanship or other tactics)

Is that todays "modern warfare"? Or is that just because those videos of multi-million dollar ordnance going off are more interesting to watch?

(and btw, i get the rule of war - cheat at everychance you can get - I'm not suggesting a battle won up close and personal is any more effective and especially since its much risker to personnel. Just curious if thats how most combat actions are fought)

Comment

Not when I did it. But then again, it was urban warfare and there was no mortars or artillery or air strikes allowed. Are you going to watch videos of a fire team laying down accurate fire and sustaining casualties before withdrawing or wiping out the enemy? Not as interesting.

We used suppressive fire at short to medium range. Anything further than that and it's not goign to be accurate or suppression. SAWs are lousy on accuracy beyond a couple of hundred meters
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                              X