66 Coupe Resto 56k warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
    I agree... Sent a project to the bodyshop to be repainted and was told "give me about a year and you will get a really nice paint job". * Well it is going on 3 years now.......and it looks the same as it did 2 1/2 years ago...:bBishope:

Damn!! 3 yrs really?!? Just sell the damn thing to him if he love having it there that long.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
      I agree I can't stand an off white it has to be a super white or nothing for me personally. And I sprayed the trunk with raptor coating
      Wharz under car/suspension/ under hood shots?

Comment

Originally posted by Back N Black View Post
        Wharz under car/suspension/ under hood shots?
        Ill have to look for them I think I have the under car ones but not too sure. It was such a lengthy project sometimes I would just completely forget to take the pics.

Comment

Nice job, the car looks great in the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
            Ill have to look for them I think I have the under car ones but not too sure. It was such a lengthy project sometimes I would just completely forget to take the pics.
            I know the feeling. I would get moving on assembly and completely forget to shoot some pictures. Looking back, I should've shot more of the coupe I restored. The pics go from shell to halfway assembled, and I'm thinking "damn, I missed a lot of steps in my photo documentation".

You did it right, sir. Thanks for saving a poor old tired coupe, the right way.

Comment

Damn, I'm glad somebody is saving them, but I would've left that one for dead. I like the deleted 1/4 and rocker trim, but I think it needs its 289 badges.

Comment

Good work man. Lots of work into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                  I know the feeling. I would get moving on assembly and completely forget to shoot some pictures. Looking back, I should've shot more of the coupe I restored. The pics go from shell to halfway assembled, and I'm thinking "damn, I missed a lot of steps in my photo documentation".

You did it right, sir. Thanks for saving a poor old tired coupe, the right way.
                  I don't think he saved it lol. He didn't spend any money.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    Damn, I'm glad somebody is saving them, but I would've left that one for dead. I like the deleted 1/4 and rocker trim, but I think it needs its 289 badges.
                    Me too. The car has received some updates since it was picked up.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                      These cars are getting harder to find for decent money.

Comment

I have an 05 mustang with a few paint chips...do you think you can handle it?

J/k. Nice work! And way more work than I would have put into that car.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaii5.0 View Post
                          These cars are getting harder to find for decent money.
                          bullshit! you can get 'em all day long for $8 to $10 grand. ford made tons of them

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                            bullshit! you can get 'em all day long for $8 to $10 grand. ford made tons of them
                            Exactly. A million in 2 years. To put that into perspective, under 70K were made in 2011. Like I said, I'm glad somebody did it, but it'd be a lot easier and cheaper to buy one that didn't need half of it's core sheet metal and a chunk of frame rail replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaii5.0 View Post
                              I don't think he saved it lol. He didn't spend any money.
                              Wat?

I've saved/restored a few cars in my time, and I didn't spend a dime. It takes talent, skill, patience, and hard work. The monetary cost is the easy part.

Comment

Man that is some nice work. Way to turn that stang around. Looks like a solid car now. I like what you did in the trunk. My trunk is not done. Did you use a bed liner type material?
                                Originally posted by Baron
                                If I dissagree with you, it is because you are wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X