I should've stayed in bed today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
    or you can just adjust your steering stops. which makes more sense.
    That's rigging it because you failed to check your backspacing. I run a 35" tire on 2.5" of lift with no rubbing lock to lock. There's no reason to lose maneuverability - which is imperative if you're offroading. Just make sure you get the right back spacing. There are charts out there so you don't screw up your backspacing and have to limit your steering.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Many years ago, when I had my old 87 F-150 that I lifted and was running 31x10.5 BFG's (that was back when people with trucks on 35's had "big" trucks.) I walked out to see someone in a red eclipse had park so close to me that not only could I not use my drivers door, but I also couldn't turn my wheals enough to get out of the spot with out backing into a brick wall. So after a few minutes of rage filled Austin power-like backing up and pulling forward, I said "fuck it" cranked the wheal hard right and slowly but surely backed up and over his rear fender decklid and finally bumper. I grinned as I saw a perfect tread pattern across the back corner of his car. then put it in drive and calmly drove away. I miss that truck.

[DISCLAIMER] This didn't really happen, I never owned an 87 Ford, and have never even parked in a public parking space. So if you own an eclipse with a 10.5" tire shaped dent across the trunk, I am in no way liable.

Comment

you should have brake boosted and launched over that sucker. i know that thing has a turbo on it.
        http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

bronco could made it out.

just sayin'
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
          X