X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas to California at 500' (agl) at m.92

I love this plane!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFPgur_cUmA&sns=em[/ame]

That was pretty cool, you don't hear much about it.

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

Cool vid. My fav bomber is the B1

Comment

Pretty cool!
          Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
          90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

As soon as I saw 'Convair' I knew it would be a Hustler. Definitely my one of my favorite planes. Kick ass video.

Comment

and thats the video of the day for me.

fuckin awesome.

Comment

If any of your ever get a chance to tour the plant, the "Hall of Fame" is worth about an hour of your time. It has pics of all the planes, some famous pilots, awards, and etc. The Hustler is a cool plane, especially for its time.
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

These planes use to fly over Austin doing simulated bombing runs for practice against Soviet cities. Supposedly, Austin was a close radar match to a certain Soviet city. I remember seeing them when I was at UT in the 60's when walking to school and all of a sudden a sonic boom cracked overhead. You looked up and there was a thin vapor trail going away in the distant. It became commonplace that most would not even look up, knowing it was a sonic boom. How times have changed!

I wonder if the plane on the video had the early versions of a Terrain Following Radar. TI designed a TFR for many early fighters and bombers. This is an interesting article of the early days of TI's first TFR, designed and built in Dallas in the North Building. It tells about the early struggles with this new technology and how the TI pioneer engineers wrestled with its early performance problems.

Thanks for the video!
                  Mustangs previously owned:
                  1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
                  1992 LX AOD
                  1993 LX Drag Car
                  1995 GTS
                  1997 Cobra
                  2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
                  Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
                  2016 Honda Accord Touring
                  2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

I fly 60's technology. Some upgrades,like GPS and Gen 2 EFIS. Still has pulleys and cables! No fancy fly-by wire in the S-80! I would have loved to have flown either the 58' or the BUFF(52).

My (by comparison, modern) office.

Comment

The picture is kind of small, I was going to say DC-9, but I see in the file name that it's an MD-80. Man, that's hi-tech right there!
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Scroll to the bottom to see the Hustler "SNOOPY"

B-52s in the desert. What are they doing there and why was one of them blown a part. Also - info on the nearby B-58.
                        Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                          The picture is kind of small, I was going to say DC-9, but I see in the file name that it's an MD-80. Man, that's hi-tech right there!
                          Yes Sailor my type rating says DC-9. MD-80 is just a modern variant of the 9.

as compared to the 787.

Comment

Excellent. Love the B58.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                              Yes Sailor my type rating says DC-9. MD-80 is just a modern variant of the 9.
                              Oh, I know. I've spent many hours in the cockpit of the 9 (on the ground). I used to work for Northwest "We have the largest fleet of DC-9s in the world" Airlines.
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                              X