The GoPro takes decent pictures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The GoPro takes decent pictures...

Ive never taken a still with it, but I was installing a mount in the 'Mont this afternoon and snapped one to see what the view was like. Im impressed, for what it is, and in a fairly dark shop, to boot.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

I would agree that's pretty impressive quality from a video camera.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Anyone have any experience with Replay XD? They seem a little cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by WesB View Post
        Anyone have any experience with Replay XD? They seem a little cheaper.
        nope.
        http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

I'm amazed how good they work. Lots of guys mount them on their kart and get great vid's of the race.

Except for the the every now and then flying off the mount and onto the side of the track. Or get crashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
            I'm amazed how good they work. Lots of guys mount them on their kart and get great vid's of the race.

Except for the the every now and then flying off the mount and onto the side of the track. Or get crashed.

There are a few that end up being brought up by corner workers at our events, they are usually announcing that they have one if someone hasnt let them know that one fell off before it is brought up.

I dont like putting them outside the car for that reason. None of them that have been knocked or fell off needed more than a new case, but still, I dont want to have the risk.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

they work great. my only regret is i bought one 6 months ago and got an hd hero2. wish i had the new hd hero3 black edition.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post

hey, where do you kart at? ntk?
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

DJ, is that still the original hero HD? The quality looks too good, it looks like a Hero2
                  Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                    DJ, is that still the original hero HD? The quality looks too good, it looks like a Hero2
                    I think it is the H2. You have the original, right? Mine has the miniusb on the side that I can run off the cig lighter, yours doesnt, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                      I think it is the H2. You have the original, right? Mine has the miniusb on the side that I can run off the cig lighter, yours doesnt, correct?
                      I have the orig and I just got a H2, both have a mini usb on them. The H2 says H2 right on the front.
                      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                        I have the orig and I just got a H2, both have a mini usb on them. The H2 says H2 right on the front.
                        I dont have it with me, but Im reasonably sure it is the hero2. Come to think of it, It has to be the 2, I have the LCD backpack, and they wont work on the og.

Comment

Everyone at T2k2012 had one mounted on their cars.

Comment

Oh don't get me wrong, it does good video also, I was surprised at the picture quality in stills mode.

Here's a very short clip I edited out of the a long segment to mess with another team about leaving their has cap off and trying to gift me some fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                              [/YOUTUBE]nt to mess with another team about leaving their has cap off and trying to gift me some fuel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U664...e_gdata_player
                              haha, damn!
                              www.hppmotorsports.com
                              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                              X