Dash cam vid of russian plane crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    You see the TV movie? I think it starred the dude from Hill Street Blues.

Saw it when I was much younger. Was the first time I knew about it. Reread the wiki page. Crazy shit.

Comment

I can't find a pic of it, but I do remember seeing one where a car was on the freeway and the plane slammed directly on top of it killing the driver. The car literally looked like a taco.
      Must have been a plane taco

Comment

I have a real hard time flying anymore. I used to love it, but lately, maybe as I get older, I'm nervous as shit.
        I'm in the opposite boat. Other than 9/11...when was the last major catastrophic plane crash?

Seems they are getting even safer...or we are overdue for another one.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
          ...or we are overdue for another one.
          That. Most recently I was involved in two instances that had me almost convinced something was going to happen. First one the plane was going through heavy turbulence and hit an air pocket for about three seconds. Dude next to me was white as death and didn't find it funny when I told him we were on nothing more than an expensive roller coaster. Second one was landing in a snow storm where there was about 8" of snow on the runway. Once we landed the plane was yawing from left to right. Once we stopped the flight attendant got on the mic and said, "And 3, 2, 1, breathe." So I have a feeling everyone was a little stressed during that incident. To top it off, as we were waiting for a gate our plane got stuck and we ended up on the tarmac in the plane for longer than the flight.

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
            wow, how many people died???
            why you posting a pic of your car on this thread?

Comment

damn russia is wild!

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Air_Lines_Flight_191"]http://en.wikipedia.org
                I remember that one well.
                Myself - worked the crash. It was surreal; looked like somebody tossed aluminum cans and 200 human bodies into a blender, set it on high, then slung the contents as hard as they could. For a month after the crash, I slept with the lights on. One of our firefighters got back to the station, crawled under and kitchen table and proceeded to have a full-on nervous breakdown.

Got to be an extra in the movie "Fire and Rain". Met Charles Haid and Patti LaBelle. Both real nice folks. Haid just walked up, sat on the hood of a squad car and carried on a normal conversation with several of us - wanted to hear sea stories about the crash. Never could bring myself to watch the movie - figured it'd just cause a flashback - no thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X