X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cragar dual point distributor

Bought a HUGE lot of mustang parts today and found this

what does it fit and whats is it worth? Never seenone before

I'm sure you do but, are you familiar with filtering for completed listings and seeing what things actually sold for vs just what people are asking

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
      I'm sure you do but, are you familiar with filtering for completed listings and seeing what things actually sold for vs just what people are asking

Oh course none have been sold.

Comment

I'll have to dig up the link, but I recall one being sold for a SBF for around $100. People like the way they look, but have no idea what they are it seems.
        Garage art!
        Originally posted by Buzzo
        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Looks like an aftermarket version of the Ford dual point distributor that came in the 289 HiPo V-8 in the "K" Mustangs in the 60's. I ran one in a Falcon with a 260 V-8. I paid $17.95 at the Ford house . New in the box in about 1967.

Comment

Yep, it's a dual-point distributor. Could be for just about anything. Need a part number or some measurements to determine.

Cragar was making speed parts back in the early '30s, with overhead valve conversions for Model A and T engines. So timewise, that distributor could be for just about anything. My guess is SBF, since you got it with Mustang parts, and it kinda looks like small Ford to me.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              Yep, it's a dual-point distributor. Could be for just about anything. Need a part number or some measurements to determine.

Cragar was making speed parts back in the early '30s, with overhead valve conversions for Model A and T engines. So timewise, that distributor could be for just about anything. My guess is SBF, since you got it with Mustang parts, and it kinda looks like small Ford to me.
              the cap looks like the one on my 69, I would guess small ford too, but you never know, it could be many.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

I remember seeing that on my buddy's 64 comet. His dad gave him that distributor to put on his 260. Good times!!!

Comment

I´ll trade you a slightly use can of spam for it?

Comment

Hard to see for sure from the pic above, but just a thought here...looks like the gear has a short snout on it, which to me suggests it is indeed for a Ford. As I recall, the Chevys tend to have a much longer snout than the Fords....and of course the Chevy's install with the snout pointing down too.

Example Chevy....

Ford....

70' Chevelle RagTop
                    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

How much do you want for it Jeremy?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        How much do you want for it Jeremy?
                        Dunno

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                          Dunno
                          Racing Junk...some Hippie will eat that up...hell maybe that old Dude with the gold fastback that frequents Kellers....
                          70' Chevelle RagTop
                          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                          X