Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time doing body work..... well kinda body work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time doing body work..... well kinda body work.

Have a good friend that was down on his luck and got hit by a truck backing into his only family car. Truck guy had no insurance, said he would pay for it but disappeared. Shops wanted $2500+ to repair it. Hes a good guy and a good father so I scored him the parts through some contacts.
    Had to replace drivers side complete mirror, grill (upper and lower), bumper, bumper support, support brackets, anchors and headlight. Painted it using dupilcolors perfect match spray cans. Dude saved almost $2000.
    I am surprised at the outcome and glad I could help someone in need.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Did he back into it at 50 MPH?
    WRX

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
        Did he back into it at 50 MPH?
        Thats what I said! LOL. Guess these things are just weak as hell. Another 1/32" and it would have triggered the airbags.
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Just forgot to do the tow hook cover. Waiting for it to cure so I can wetsand it and buff it.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
            Have a good friend that was down on his luck and got hit by a truck backing into his only family car. Truck guy had no insurance, said he would pay for it but disappeared. Shops wanted $2500+ to repair it. Hes a good guy and a good father so I scored him the parts through some contacts.
            Faith in Humanity: Restored

Comment

Originally posted by nightfly2000 View Post
              Faith in Humanity: Restored
              Don't know you from Adam, but awesome to know honest good people are out there helping others.

Thank you!
              86 SVO

Comment

Your friend needs to carry a pistol.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Thanks all. I have been down on my luck a couple years ago and got some help from some great people. I just make sure to pay if forward for others in need.

Comment

That dupi-color shits pretty good. I've had good results from it. Beats a trip to English color and busting out the HVLP gun.

Good for you helping out the less fortunate. It has its' rewards.

Comment

Looks like you did a damn good job. Kuddos to you for helping him out
                      1997 viper gts
                      1986 turbo mustang
                      1987 Buick grand national
                      1972 nova

Comment

Much Respect and looks good man. You told him he needs tires right?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                          Much Respect and looks good man. You told him he needs tires right?
                          Yeah. I gave him two I had that were the right size and have maybe 75% tread left. He has one new one and I sent him to a local tire shop I deal with to get it handled.

Comment

fine work sir
                            If you can read this thank a teacher. If it's in English thank a soldier.

Comment

Working...
                            X