Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race car crashes , goes into stands

In 1955

( I searched , never found ..could be a repost from way back ?? )

If it is delete it

and I'm sorry for wasting your internets

son of a motherless goat. And they kept racing too. Today racing would be banned and the manufacture would be out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
      son of a motherless goat. And they kept racing too. Today racing would be banned and the manufacture would be out of business.
      That was a track fuck up, but you expect a distinct lack of safety gear in the 50's. Notice no fencing to protect the fans. Racing is a dangerous sport, for both the participants and the spectators, we were reminded of such this past weekend when parts flew into the stands injuring people. It still sucks that near 100 people died though.

Comment

Damn!

79 killed

Comment

That's a famous crash, the engine flew through the spectators decapitating and killing quite a few people. Total fucking carnage. If I'm not mistaken the driver who died had a reputation for doing really dangerous dumb shit. Also, I think the car that was in the wreck was salvaged to some extent (the mercedes) and I remember parts of it, or something to do with it was for sale not too long ago.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Think I posted that in Canada back in the day. Strangely, I was just watching it again 2 nights ago. Fucking insane.

Comment

Those old tracks weren't laid out with anyone's safety in mind. Consequently, racing in the '50's was a much more dangerous sport, even for the spectators.

Comment

Working...
              X