amazing WWII pictures of planes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amazing WWII pictures of planes

found these while looking for pictures of B-29's, I'd say these are some of the best I've seen.

Comment

LMAO @ "is this trip necessary?"

Good pics

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

Good pics
        That's what I was thinking.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Very nice. Seeing those Mustangs mangled makes me cringe. What hero's we have in this country! Can you even imagine strapping yourself in a P-51 at the Tender age of 19?

I compare that to my two boys(sons). At 19 I hardly let them drive my car. What a difference our country was then as compared to now. I understand it was all out war and that alone makes a huge difference.

Thanks for sharing the pics! Those of us in aviation really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

Good pics
            I also LOL'ed.

These pictures are fucking excellent.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Pics taken on Iwo Jima.. Very nasty cross winds caused the majority of the -51 crashes..
              Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                Very nice. Seeing those Mustangs mangled makes me cringe. What hero's we have in this country! Can you even imagine strapping yourself in a P-51 at the Tender age of 19?

I compare that to my two boys(sons). At 19 I hardly let them drive my car. What a difference our country was then as compared to now. I understand it was all out war and that alone makes a huge difference.

Thanks for sharing the pics! Those of us in aviation really appreciate it.
                I could see myself strapping into a P-51 at 19..........under good circumstances. Under those circumstances I would have been scared shitless though
                2004 Suzuki DL650
                1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

I heard a story somewhere that we just pushed a lot of the crap into a big pit at Iwo and pretty much left it there.

Comment

Badass
                    2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                      I heard a story somewhere that we just pushed a lot of the crap into a big pit at Iwo and pretty much left it there.
                      Pretty much every air base in the Pacific ended up with dumps holding discarded a/c and parts. The Dutch scrappers were very thorough after the war though as they didn't waste any time salvaging what they could get their hands on..
                      When dad was coming back from Okinawa, he watched them create what they called "the million dollar reef" off Australia when the Navy started pushing aircraft and material off their carriers..
                      Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
                        I could see myself strapping into a P-51 at 19..........under good circumstances. Under those circumstances I would have been scared shitless though
                        At 19, I could see myself strapping into a P-51 under any (good or bad) circumstances. Now that I'm 30, Hell no I'll stick to the couch!

Comment

Lots of landing gear failures...

Comment

Cool pics!

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                              Lots of landing gear failures...
                              Lots of rough terrain to cause landing gear failures.

Comment

Working...
                              X