I'm infatuated with the late 60's / early 70's 200 series Benz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron View Post
    I dont want anything close to that kind of project. I guess just swapping the front clip from the red car to the blue one would get me closer to what I want. Then I could put the blue clip on the red one and go race...

I can see your hoo-ha.

Comment

I dont want anything close to that kind of project. I guess just swapping the front clip from the red car to the blue one would get me closer to what I want. Then I could put the blue clip on the red one and go race...
      Regardless, if you can buy the pair for under a grand, you should probably jump on it. Anything you buy is gonna need some parts.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        I can see your hoo-ha.
        see what happens when I have a pocket full of cash from the sale of a Grande...
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          Regardless, if you can buy the pair for under a grand, you should probably jump on it. Anything you buy is gonna need some parts.

Bingo.

Comment

Would be a pimp LeMons candidate, except that he wants way too much for it.
            EXACTLY what I was thinking.
            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Would that really be a good Lemons candidate?

Seems like it would be way too heavy, way too underpowered, and brakes/suspension parts would be nearly impossible to find and expensive when you do.

Just curious...
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Would that really be a good Lemons candidate?

Seems like it would be way too heavy, way too underpowered, and brakes/suspension parts would be nearly impossible to find and expensive when you do.

Just curious...
                with a 302 in it, you might be loosing some dependability, but you gain some parts availability. Brakes are disk, so get a custom set of pads from Carbotech and try to avoid burning them the hell up. Handling isnt great, but you can lower it down some and make it work. Class C, and IOE candidate. You win both and make more than the winner on laps.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Yeah, but you could just knock the competition off the track.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                    Yeah, but you could just knock the competition off the track.
                    its not a taxi?

Comment

I'd offer $800 for both. It looks like they've been sitting there a long LONG time. Then at the very least you'd have enough parts to get a project started.
                      They have been there for a long time. Atleast two years on the red one, the blue one has been there a year or so.

Comment

its not a taxi?
                        Could be
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Swingarms are what early Volkswagens have. That's why they get negative camber out the arse when you slam them too.

ohh ok i gotcha, i just had never heard it called a swing arm, but it makes sense now. a friend and I built this one..

still not sure why we bagged it vs. a static drop, but oh well wasnt my shit..
                          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

That's nice.
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

That Karmann Ghia is the tits!

Comment

we worked on it for 2 years straight and that sunuvabitch sold it 3 months after it was finished
                                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                                X