Picked up an old Mopar at Goodguys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
    Definitely do the front disc brake upgrade. Convert the rear axles and drums to 5x4.5" at the same time. Gonna be a costly deal (brakes-lines-hoses-dual master cylinder, axles-seals-drums, wheels-tires-lugs) but well worth it. It will make the car better to drive and worth more when you go to sell it.
    I read up on the A-body only site today trying to learn as much as I could. As far as the front discs it seems most guys scrounge through the junk yards for newer model A-bodies to get the front ends off of.

As for the rears, a popular swap is to get an 8.8 out of a Mustang or Explorer. I haven't read up much on that yet just came across a couple threads talking about it
    --Marcus

Comment

You can give me the impy..

Comment

The easiest swap for the front is the 73-76 V8 a body disk setup. You need the upper control arms, spindles, disks, calipers, hoses, master cyl. and proportioning valve. The most time will be in making new hard lines for the dual hydraulic system. I have read that you can use the spindles, rotors and calipers off of a volare and it gives a better caster/camber setup if you lower the car. I've done the later a-body swap but not the volare. If you decide to put a 8 3/4 rearend in the car let me know I have a driveshaft that is already shortened.

Comment

Working...
        X