No announcement yet.

Old school Honda 3-wheelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still a large cult following for those. Personally I cannot see why, but people get nostalgic about some weird shit and pay good money for it

Comment

A friend of mine got killed riding his. He rode up a concrete drainage culvert and it flipped backwards on top of him and crushed his skull. He was 9 years old at the time and we use to ride together all the time. I had a Honda mini bike at the time.

Comment

these two belong to Chris Mckinney, formery BlackHT on here

THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Look on criagslist, there's usually a couple for sale. It'll give you an idea of prices. I sold a pretty Suzuki 125 3 wheeler for $500 last summer. A guy wanted it for the deer lease and couldn't afford a four-wheeler. My wife was kinda pissed at me for selling it - she liked it better than her four-wheeler.

Honda is the most popular 3 wheeler and the Big Red will bring decent money if its fixed up right.

As everybody has said, respect their limitations. Steep hills and turns will get ya if you're being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
            A friend of mine got killed riding his. He rode up a concrete drainage culvert and it flipped backwards on top of him and crushed his skull. He was 9 years old at the time and we use to ride together all the time. I had a Honda mini bike at the time.
            My little brother was almost killed on his Big Red 7 years ago. He was climbing out of a creek and it flipped over on him and crushed almost every bone in his face. It even fractured his neck. Scary rigs, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
              my dad thought giving me a 110 3 wheeler when i was 9 was a great idea. rolled it down a hill into a ravine LMAO. didnt break anything luckily.Since i totalled that he got me a honda odyssey for my 10th bday.......lol
              Hell yeah. I had two 250 Odyesseys. They were a blast, but too damn easy to get water in the carbs. I ended up putting a snorkle air filter way up on the top of the frame. We used to chase each other and ram one another. We would do every thing we could to try and roll them. I would rather have one of the later 400's with the live suspension or a Pilot. I had no fear driving those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                Hell yeah. I had two 250 Odyesseys. They were a blast, but too damn easy to get water in the carbs. I ended up putting a snorkle air filter way up on the top of the frame. We used to chase each other and ram one another. We would do every thing we could to try and roll them. I would rather have one of the later 400's with the live suspension or a Pilot. I had no fear driving those things.
                Yea i wish i still had it, it was a fucking blast

Comment

I had a 250R in my younger years. There is a website that is all about 3 wheelers, maybe 3wheelerworld or something like that. You can see what that stuff is worth there.

Not sure if any of you followed the racing back then, but a ex-Honda pro rider, Mike Coe, has written pages of stuff about racing back then. Cool stuff to read if you followed it. It was on the 3 wheeler world site. Marty Hart, who races the trucks now, used to be a Honda backed rider also.

Comment

Working...
                  X