Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Few V8 Supercars/World Challenge pics (couple of huge panoramas too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
    Isn't that a 6 cyl in the Acura?
    Yep, it's a World Challenge car. I'll post some of my WC pics later.

Comment

Our World Challenge car in the paddock with the local Fox affiliate filming a story:

The Aussies were just as interested in the World Challenge cars as we were their V8 Supercars. Some of the crew from one of the Austrailian V8 teams came over and took turns sitting in our 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca street car(stickered-up like our racecar as it was used for media rides earlier in the week)

We had oiling issues early in the weekend due to the high speed corners, it kept filling-up our oil overflow catchcan and spilling the excess causing large amounts of smoke after hitting the exhaust, and even a small fire when stopped on pit road. Solution:

We eventually got a better solution by a couple guys from a little engine shop called Roush-Fenway who flew from North Carolina on Thursday, met us at the track early Friday morning and got a more professional-looking solution.

Friday night after things had calmed-down a little and we were ready for race day:

Our car on grid Saturday for the first race of the weekend. That's Lou Giglioti's LG Motorsports prepared Camaro next to our Mustang.

Comment

There's an "entry-level" class called B-spec you can run for ~$75-100k a year if you don't cause too much damage. He had a bad day in practice on Friday and rolled his Fiat 500. His crew got it patched-up and he showed-up to grid Saturday morning looking like this:

I don't have the after pictures, but I'll give a spoiler alert......he rolled it again after making contact with his teammate about 30 minutes after those pictures were taken.

Some of the COTA girls walking through the paddock:

Driver/crew chief meeting in the media center:

Pratt & Miller Cadillac boys getting ready to put the car away after working on it half the night:

Me setting the tire pressure in the pre-grid area for yesterday's race:

Our #17 Boss 302R Mustang with driver Alec Udell qualified 10th & 7th on Saturday/Sunday, and finished 6th & 5th out of 29 cars in the GTS class. It was the highest qualifying & finishing Mustang in the entire field all weekend. Although it was no podium, it was still a good weekend overall considering how the weekend started with oiling problems, extreme heat, etc.
        Last edited by MattB; 05-20-2013, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
          Isn't that a 6 cyl in the Acura?
          Yup. I think it's a j37.

Thanks for the pics Matt

Btw am I the only one who thought the v8 cars kinda slow? They ran 1.30's and the gt cars ( r8 / cts-v) ran 1.33's.
          Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
            Btw am I the only one who thought the v8 cars kinda slow? They ran 1.30's and the gt cars ( r8 / cts-v) ran 1.33's.
            2-3 seconds isn't a small amount, especially on the shorter track, but V8SC is also a pretty heavily controlled series; pretty much everything is designed to spec (chassis, aero, engines are very similar), and most of the governing body's emphasis is on producing entertaining/close racing and not outright speed.

Comment

Ooh makes sense
              Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Working...
              X