X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Rescued From a Sewer Pipe in China

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHW_fn2W9HQ[/ame]

Baby found in drain released; No charges for mother

CHINA -- The mother of a Chinese baby boy who was rescued from a sewer pipe beneath a restroom shortly after birth is unlikely to face criminal charges because authorities concluded he fell into the toilet accidentally, local officials and media reports said Thursday.

The baby was released from a hospital to his maternal grandparents late Wednesday, while his 22-year-old mother remains under medical care, the state-run Jinhua Evening News reported, in an account confirmed by a local police official who declined to give his name.

The baby's stunning, two-hour rescue from a pipe underneath a squat toilet in Zhejiang province's Pujiang county captivated the world, prompting both horror and an outpouring of charity on his behalf.

The mother initially raised the alarm about the baby when he got stuck Saturday in a pipe just below a squat toilet in a public restroom of a residential building, but she had cleaned the room of signs of a fresh birth and did not immediately come forward as the mother, officials have been quoted as saying.

She admitted she was the mother two days later when confronted by police who found baby toys and blood-stained tissues in her apartment, the reports said.

Police later concluded that the incident was an accident and that the woman did not initially come forward because she was frightened, but that she later started telling the truth, the Jinhua Evening News and a Pujiang county propaganda official said. The police initially treated the case as a possible attempted homicide, but now are unlikely to file criminal charges, the newspaper and the official said.

I bet that baby was flush with joy!
    First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

I'm surprised they're not gonna sewer.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Im just happy they gutter out
        First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_fiux View Post
          i bet that baby was frush with joy!
          fyp

Comment

Those Chinese toilets are stout!

Comment

Imagine if it was a girl. They pull the baby girl out, "Oh, it's a girl."

trashcan.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

My dad always told us as a child he would flush us down the toilet if we were bad.

Comment

what happened to that baby Jessica chick?
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    what happened to that baby Jessica chick?
                    I think she was in Maxim a few years ago. Not bad looking.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 0393gt View Post
                      I think she was in Maxim a few years ago. Not bad looking.
                      She became the village bicycle just like her mama. Lots of heartbreak and tragedy in the wake of that incident.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                        She became the village bicycle just like her mama. Lots of heartbreak and tragedy in the wake of that incident.
                        lol, I take my dog to her mom for grooming, I thought she always seemed like a nice lady.

Comment

Working...
                        X