Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig Jacksons Million Dollar Garage

Must Be Nice!!!
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

who is craig jackson. disclaimer: i didn't watch the video so if its the first sentence please dont attack. im very sensitive right now.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        who is craig jackson. disclaimer: i didn't watch the video so if its the first sentence please dont attack. im very sensitive right now.

god bless.
        He's the CEO of Barret-Jackson.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Well I wanna see Barretts garage

Comment

Pretty badass. Word is, the auction is just for fun, his real money comes from BNSF.

Comment

Originally posted by sean88gt View Post
              pretty badass. Word is, the auction is just for fun, his real money comes from bnsf.
              lol
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

He makes 20% on every car sold. 8% from the seller, and at least 10% from the buyer (it's 12% if the buyer is on-line/phone). They also charge an entry fee for each car and when I went to the one in Vegas, they charged us $32 each just to get in. A "bidder's paddle" is extra ($500, I think). The food is outrageously expensive, not to mention $42 T-shirts and $32 caps in the gift shop!

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                  He makes 20% on every car sold. 8% from the seller, and at least 10% from the buyer (it's 12% if the buyer is on-line/phone). They also charge an entry fee for each car and when I went to the one in Vegas, they charged us $32 each just to get in. A "bidder's paddle" is extra ($500, I think). The food is outrageously expensive, not to mention $42 T-shirts and $32 caps in the gift shop!
                  So what you're saying is he comes by his money honestly...
                  "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Badass. Who would have ever though making 18% on every auction sale for 50 years would be lucrative?
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                      So what you're saying is he comes by his money honestly...
                      Hey, more power to him. I'm just explaining how he amassed his $50+ million car collection.

Comment

He must have learned from the Jerry Jones handbook.

Comment

scottsdale has cheaper food and tons of vendors with cheap ford shirts

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                            He must have learned from the Jerry Jones handbook.
                            I think his daddy started the auction with Barrett 30 years ago or so. He just took it to massive proportions, and apparently does follow the JJ marketing strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                              scottsdale has cheaper food and tons of vendors with cheap ford shirts
                              I've got 20 Ford shirts. The Barrett-Jackson shirts in their gift shop are not cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X