X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4600kv?

Comment

• No, my Blade Nano QX. My indoor bird.
      4600kv 3S 250 size quad..... that would be seriously hard but fun to fly.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• whats a good indoor helicopter? I have one of those 20.00 cheap ones, battery goes dead fast, Id like to have something nicer

Comment

• The best is a Blade nano QX FPV. Its about $400. $90 will get you a regular Nano QX with Tx and charger and 6 batteries. It has to be the most stable micro size quad out there.

This video best shows off how easy it is to fly. Or how crazy if you get good.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
            No, my Blade Nano QX. My indoor bird.
            4600kv 3S 250 size quad..... that would be seriously hard but fun to fly.
            Roger that.

Comment

• Well second FPV bomber is well under way now. I am running this one with my Taranis. I think on this one the camera will go in the top turret. I am going to do a simple pan/tilt so I can enjoy the flight a little more as well.

Comment

• Ever see this P51 FPV video? Amazing amount of detail.

Comment

Ever see this P51 FPV video? Amazing amount of detail.

Ya I've seen it. I think he did a great job building and flying it.

Comment

• What's the average power:weight ratio of some of these and how does that compare to their real life counterparts?

I ask, because it doesn't seem like there's any real aerodynamics that goes into hobby flying. It seems like the wings are really just anchor points for control surfaces and that don't actually require any lift from them.

My gut tells me that the motors are powerful enough to just brute-force shove these things through the sky in a rocket / thrust type of situation rather than a wing / lifting force thing.

Case in point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                      What's the average power:weight ratio of some of these and how does that compare to their real life counterparts?

I ask, because it doesn't seem like there's any real aerodynamics that goes into hobby flying. It seems like the wings are really just anchor points for control surfaces and that don't actually require any lift from them.

My gut tells me that the motors are powerful enough to just brute-force shove these things through the sky in a rocket / thrust type of situation rather than a wing / lifting force thing.

Case in point.

It all depends on the specific model. Profile planes like the simple b-17's I make need to be real light. They do well under power but don't glide well. On the other hand gliders, or heavier planes need the lift from a proper wing and behave far better. My new FPV bombers have a simple KFm2 wing foil. I did this so I can fly longer and use less motor to do so. Some people (most) in the hobby spend a lot of time worrying about wing loading, power to weight, and math stuff. Me, well I just slap something together and throw the equivalent of a Top Fuel dragster motor on it and point it skyward. I am not the norm!

Comment

• My B-29 had much smaller motors, and a real wing. It flew very scale. I enjoy scale flight a lot, and can fly the flat stuff to look scale, but something like the b-29 HAD to be flown scale.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                          It all depends on the specific model. Profile planes like the simple b-17's I make need to be real light. They do well under power but don't glide well. On the other hand gliders, or heavier planes need the lift from a proper wing and behave far better. My new FPV bombers have a simple KFm2 wing foil. I did this so I can fly longer and use less motor to do so. Some people (most) in the hobby spend a lot of time worrying about wing loading, power to weight, and math stuff. Me, well I just slap something together and throw the equivalent of a Top Fuel dragster motor on it and point it skyward. I am not the norm!
                          Cool, good info. Thanks.

Comment

• that is so sick!! id love to fly that (but not put it together lok)

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Thats the coolest shit I've seen in a long time
                              Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

• got my pan tilt working. Ordering a camera today. I'm going to try and fly this one from the top turret.

Comment

Working...
                                X