No announcement yet.

4bangen's official rc tread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see people bitch about the vertical acceleration on those storms now lol. That was a pro flying that..
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ducpanda11 View Post
      great info in this thread.... for a beginner where is the best place online to buy a decently priced remote control plane or RC car?

Suggestions?

Thanks!
      Local hobby shop is a good idea, so when you dink it in and break it you can quickly get parts. I also recommend going to an RC field and buddy boxing with a trainer first. Get advice from the club and see what they all know best. Starting out with a plane that the people around you know well is a blessing.

My best advice is you drop $300 on an Apprentice S from a hobby shop. It sounds expensive but it comes with everything you need to fly it, and it has flight stabilization and "SAFE" technology which is basically a panic button.

Comment

• Slight change of pace, it's a losi micro crawler with aftermarket frame 4wheel steer and a custom 1:20th GMC Sanoma body that I stretched to be an extended cab a while back.
        I may ditch the 4wheel steer in the build, I'm not sure yet.
        Still have to lengthen the dive shafts and control arms.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          Slight change of pace, it's a losi micro crawler with aftermarket frame 4wheel steer and a custom 1:20th GMC Sanoma body that I stretched to be an extended cab a while back.
          I may ditch the 4wheel steer in the build, I'm not sure yet.
          Still have to lengthen the dive shafts and control arms.
          sweet! I have an Axial Wraith. crawlers are fun as shit. I have a couple brushless short course trucks too but the slow pace crawling is more fun for me currently

Comment

• I have an axial scx10 honcho. Fun as hell.

Comment

• Question for you Rc pilots, I'm building a racing quad and am stuck on what transmitter to buy.

I've only flown rtf micro helicopters and micro quads before with their included tx

Cheaper is better but I want something I'm not going to outgrown for awhile where should I start?

Someone suggested this one

Hobbyking - the world's No1 Online Hobby Store. We stock a huge selection of RC products from Planes right through to Drones and all accessories. Visit Us Today.
              Big Rooster Racing
              1985 Mustang GT

Comment

• Wow. That is a lot of radio for $60. I was gonna suggest Spektrum but it would be triple that for that many channels. There are a few guys on RCGroups using them. I would post a thread there.
                Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                  I have an axial scx10 honcho. Fun as hell.
                  thinking about getting an scx10 or a vaterra ascender next. this shit is addicting.

Comment

• The RC truck stuff reminded me of this video. Nerdgasum.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                      Wow. That is a lot of radio for $60. I was gonna suggest Spektrum but it would be triple that for that many channels. There are a few guys on RCGroups using them. I would post a thread there.
                      I was thinking along the same lines. HK does offer the Orangerx Tx. for $60(spektrum comp.),but i think it only 6ch. Granted, I have an 8ch Tx, and only use 4-6 on most builds.

I am a fan of Orange, and have had nothing but positive experiences. I generally run a satallite receiver also, for a more robust link.

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
                        Question for you Rc pilots, I'm building a racing quad and am stuck on what transmitter to buy.

I've only flown rtf micro helicopters and micro quads before with their included tx

Cheaper is better but I want something I'm not going to outgrown for awhile where should I start?

Someone suggested this one

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Firmware_.html
                        http://www.alofthobbies.com/frsky-ta...ase-combo.html You will never look back.

Comment

Looks nice
                          Big Rooster Racing
                          1985 Mustang GT

Comment

• It's amazing!

Comment

I have no experience with the Frsky radio, but I have heard good things. Roy's Hobby Shop in Hurst carries them now. The Orange radios on the other hand, I've seen as much bad as I have good. We have a couple members that had them, lost several airplanes to the Orange before they threw it in the trash. Another member still flies his, but we all land and hide while he's flying.

Something about flying high dollar airplanes with a $50 radio doesn't make sense to me. If you use it as a radio for foamies or something, go for it. If you're looking to get into some more expensive quads or airplanes, get a better radio. You really do get what you pay for.

Comment

• Doing a little night time ground FPV now. Took an old toy grade rc jeep, and replaced all the electronics in it with hobby grade parts. Then slapped a camera on it and some lights. MAN what a lot of fun I had crawling around the yard from my couch. Lol
                                I’m going to do a little work to it tonight. I’m going to mount the camera on a gimble in the drivers seat, and run the lights through the body the right way. I want to get a nicer rc truck for doing this, but for now this little jeep is keeping me intertained.

Comment

Working...
                                X