No announcement yet.

4bangen's official rc tread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol. I knew you wouldn't be down long.

Comment

• Well, I’m almost done with my Taranis makeover. After I put it all together I was surprised at how much the switches and buttons look out of place. So now I’m going to have to open it back up so I can paint those bits that are still shiny. I need to find more appropriate sticks as well, these look to modern. I also did the speaker upgrade while I had it apart and WOW it sounds so much better now. I need to put some music on it now. Lol

Comment

• double post.
        Last edited by 4bangen; 02-13-2015, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• And I thought I was cool with my DJI Phantom... lol

Comment

• You are. Phantoms rock. I really wanted a Vision Plus until I saw the IRIS+. That thing is sick.

The Inspire is very cool too but at $3000........ pass.
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Ya! It showed up today and I couldn't wait to give one test run in even though its pitch freaking black out. I almost pood myself when I did an altitude punch. I have never seen a quad move that fast. It went up so fast so quick that at 5% throttle it took over 30 seconds to bring back down and I only punched it for 2-3 seconds. It was so loud under thrust that my neighbors came out to see what the sound was. 2 minutes latter people from the next street over showed up because they thought it was a UFO the way it was changing directions so quickly and how fast it could move from a dead stand still.

Its the very first one made and they dont go on sale till next week I think. It appears to be the 4S Racing Drone but with a hard wired on board battery monitor, a couple spare JST plugs (not sure what for) and the camera is smaller and on a vertical gimbol that rocks. So much easier to fly at speed.
              The power is whats confusing. My last one had the same power pack and props and batteries. Looking at this ones ESCs though and they look bigger and are not tagged.

Cant wait for the weekend!

And then some changes to balance it out better:

Decided to put the extra JST plugs to use. Very easy to see at night now....... or during the day... LOL

And this is how it sounds now. I cant fly like this guy though.

Last edited by LaserSVT; 02-14-2015, 06:23 PM.
              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Hooooleeeee chit at that video

Comment

• Holy shit that is way too fast for fpv lol!

Government to restrict r/c stuff soon that weighs over 4.4 lbs FYI. Pretty vague article but from what I understand you will need licences for all weights of r\c aircraft.
                  sigpic

Comment

• That f's me. Mine is well over 5lbs

Comment

• Sorry here's the article. It says "commercial" which is very grey. Every drone with a camera can be considered that. This also effects planes and Helios.

Anyway I'm sure its not on a be hard to get a licence. Gov just wants your hobby money.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Im 604 grams on my big batteries.
                        Last edited by LaserSVT; 02-17-2015, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• I would have never thought such a simple upgrade could make such a huge video difference. I am really impressed wit these Blue Beam antennas. I haven't tested if there is a range increase but it sure does keep a clean video signal. I need some 3M foam tape so i can move it over a tad. On punch outs you can see some motor noise since the main power feed touches the antenna. Its very minimal though and they are touching. Small adjustment and it should be perfect. Well worth the money.

Comment

• I cant seem to get the link to load for embedding but this is cool as shit.

A transforming drone. It can walk, fly or be autonomous. *shock face*

I finally succeeded in flying my new transform-type quadcopter robot after a series of failures.手こずりましたが、やっと成功しました〜。名付けて、「起動変形クアッドロボ」で〜す。よろしくです〜。http://plaza...

Comment

• Kinda creepy, but that's cool as fuck.

Comment

• Sr is getting close. Test drove it out front today. ground handling is awesome!

I need bigger wheels before I try it on grass, and I need to stiffen up the fuse. Can't wait for the maiden.

Comment

Working...
                                X