My 85 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 85 Coupe

Haven't posted on here for a while but I just thought I'd post some pics of my recent project. Got it back in October, it was pretty much an all stock 4cyl auto with 99k original miles. I've since swapped a mild 302, T5, 8.8 rear along with some suspension mods with some tremendous help from my buddy dumpycapri85 and some other fellow stangers. Currently getting the exhaust fabd up and finish upgrading the front suspension as well. May be ready to roll by next weekend.

Last edited by carbd89sleeper; 02-10-2014, 02:08 AM. Reason: edit
    Big Rooster Racing
    85' Coupe
    sigpic

Nice looking car.
    2014 GT
    2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Nice

Comment

put some 10 holes on it (or ponies), 2.5" stainless tips, put B springs on it, compound & polish the tan, shoot the buckets & trim= done.

That interior is incredibly clean. Don't jack it up by mounting gauges.
        Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post
          put some 10 holes on it (or ponies), 2.5" stainless tips, put B springs on it, compound & polish the tan, shoot the buckets & trim= done.

That interior is incredibly clean. Don't jack it up by mounting gauges.
          This! do what SNEAKY did and widen some 10holes for the rear if you want to run a wide tire...

Comment

It is a really nice car . With the motor/suspension work and the 3" exhaust it is gonna be a fun little driver/weekend racer . I love the tan and the lx checker seats . I like the skinny wide 10 hole suggestions also .
            Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Thanks fellas. I'm definitely leaving the interior stock with no gauges mounted maybe a small shift light above the steering wheel if anything. All factory gauges are working besides tach ,which I will get working with an msd tach adapter, along with all electronics. I've got the following done and some in process welded/bolted TQ box reinforcement kit, subframes, eibach drag springs, strange 10 ways all around, 89 GT front brakes, long tubes with full 3" exhaust with dumped old school 40 series flows. I already had the wheels and tires so I'm good with those and I like the way it looks but eventually I'd like to run a wider wheel out back. I'm also going to have the trim and sail panels repainted to the factory specific black color once I get the suspension mods finished up. Should be a fun street car.
              Big Rooster Racing
              85' Coupe
              sigpic

Comment

Will be even more fun with the bottle ! HeHeHe ---- evil laugh .
                Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Back N Black View Post
                  This! do what SNEAKY did and widen some 10holes for the rear if you want to run a wide tire...
                  Sneaky didn't have the wheels done and the rears were not widened. The fronts were narrowed and incredibly cool. One of my biggest mistakes was getting rid of that car.....

Comment

Sweet ride man
                    Big Rooster Racing
                    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
                      Sweet ride man
                      Thanks! You need to drop by Jim's one weekend when were all wrenchin and hang. It's been a while bro!
                      Big Rooster Racing
                      85' Coupe
                      sigpic

Comment

nice 4 eye
                        2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
                        2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

No shift light. Leave the interior stock . Even put a stock shift knob. Sleeper. Lol
                          One day at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by carbd89sleeper View Post
                            Thanks! You need to drop by Jim's one weekend when were all wrenchin and hang. It's been a while bro!
                            Needs to take old red to the track for some times with the new trans and diff .
                            Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                              Needs to take old red to the track for some times with the new trans and diff .
                              Yeah we all need to head out there and get some test and tune runs in. I didn't know you got a new trans Josh! Sweet!
                              Last edited by carbd89sleeper; 02-12-2014, 07:46 PM. Reason: x
                              Big Rooster Racing
                              85' Coupe
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X