Screwed up a perfectly good hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cool cat View Post

What store or shop had this paint match computer?
    English Color will do it
    WRX

Comment

For some reason the only sounds I am hearing involving this hood is "CHOOOOOO$$$$$ CHHOOOOOOOO$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!"

What store or shop had this paint match computer?
      The office I work in also houses the paint distribution, so I get to see some of it. Really, any place that does collision work should have access to it. That's what they do every day. The places that tell you you need to paint the whole car are just flat wrong.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        That sucks man. On a side note, I'm glad to see that you still have the cougar. Nobody seems to keep stuff. Well, besides you and me anyway.
        ??

A real paint shop will know that the only way to "paint match" is to actually blend in the upper fenders and cowl...
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          ??
          I meant for a long time. I've had mine 18 years and Clayton has had his Cougar as long as I've known him... Over 10 years.

Comment

Danny has had the wagon 10 years this fall. How is that for an age gut check?

Comment

After some hammering from some guy at the Balsly Speed Shop, the bracing is pretty close to the skin, but the skin is going to have issues with looking flat again.
              [/URL]
              It's not hammering, it's Firm Persuasion. Like how you treat a woman. lol If it wouldn't have buckled in the middle, it would have returned closer to it's original shape.

And my Grandpa would be pissed if he new you spelled his name wrong. "Balsley's"

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
              That sucks man. On a side note, I'm glad to see that you still have the cougar. Nobody seems to keep stuff. Well, besides you and me anyway.
              Fastback and Coupe since 01.

Comment

Sux man. Such a nice classic ride !
                Always loved that car.

David

Comment

Bought it in 95.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    A real paint shop will know that the only way to "paint match" is to actually blend in the upper fenders and cowl...
                    This right here.
                    No system can match the exact color, other things come into play as well, humidity, air volume, filtered air, paint gun, painter, under color substrate and how many coats of paint the original painter applied. Was the painter having a bad day, did he drink too much the night before and didn't mix the paint correctly at the original spray, does it have multiple shades of color and no sealer/primer, I could be here all day. Get the closet color you can and wrap that bitch up for a blend...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

One other thing this brings to mind, doing stupid shit to my car makes me feel young again. Perhaps I didn't have the hood shut all the way, and I didn't "need" to give it the beans to induce the wheel hop. Yep I definitely feel younger and dumber today.

Comment

We all do stupid shit, I dropped my phone under my car and forgot to pick it up. I ran over that bitch and fucked the gorilla glass all up. At least it still works and I hav a new screen coming...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Clayton, I'll write up my hood flying up story later and post it and it will make you feel better about doing stupid shit. I don't think I've ever talked about it on here.

Comment

Knock on wood, but I've never had a hood fly up on me before.

I was in SF last week and saw a car that was exactly like yours ('68 Cougar, black vinyl top, 17" wheels) but was that funky pea-green color. Your orange car is much better.

I've actually had the wagon for just shy of ten years. I bought the Ranger new, so that's fifteen for it.
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

That's a great idea for a thread "Post up stupid shit you did in a car".

I've got a good one involving a party in a trailer park, getting in a wreck with the cops, running the Cougar out of gas leaving the trailer park. Then beating a fobxbody in a street race with only a gallon of gas in the tank, all in one night.

Comment

That's a great idea for a thread "Post up stupid shit you did in a car".
                                her name was Stephanie.
                                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X