X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle East conflict explained

Nice find.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Lol, nothing is ever simple unless it is in a history book.

Comment

Lol the last comment on the vid is mine.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR

I encourage everyone to get as much information as they possibly can from as many sources as they possibly can and then formulate an opinion. That approach is of course not limited to this subject.

Comment

I saw this the other day and had to explain to the person who sent me it via email how it really is not that simple.

Edit: Do not forget that Prager is a militant right wing Jew
            Militant? The guy that focuses on the happiness of others? Right...
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Are we talking about/listening to the same person? Ever heard Prager ramble on?
              This guy:
              PragerU is the world's leading conservative nonprofit that is focused on changing minds through the creative use of digital media. We educate millions of Americans and young people about the values that make America great.

Must be the anti-Jew in you.

I'd like to hear your insights on where the video is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                This guy:
                PragerU is the world's leading conservative nonprofit that is focused on changing minds through the creative use of digital media. We educate millions of Americans and young people about the values that make America great.

Must be the anti-Jew in you.

I'd like to hear your insights on where the video is wrong.
                I am not "anti-jew" at all. I do however believe that the widespread belief that Israel is the always honorable white knight that can do no wrong needs to be stricken from the minds of the masses. The arab-israeli conflict is ludicrously complex and cannot be summed up in five minutes by any one man.

My biggest issue is that before the idea of modern zionism manifested itself in the balfour declaration, you had Christians, Muslims, and Jews living in what was called Palestine/Israel/Desert shit hole in relative peace. Then the British imperialists (led by a leader of the British Jewish community) essentially began to force out all non-jews. They have actually gotten pretty good at this. That is, evicting people from their homes (be them Christians, or whoever else). Like when they recently destroyed a Christian family's home in Bethlehem to make room for Jewish settlers. Or, you know, since they declared independence:

The Israeli's attacked Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Etc. in 1967 just like when the Nazi's invaded Poland. Israel did this to acquire land, and even the US condemned this. They got their shit pushed in in 1973 and had to give up the land (lol at Prager saying they gave it back in good faith). They have attacked lebanon and massacred thousands, they have ignored UN Decelerations, they have an illegal nuclear weapons program that is just kind of overlooked, they have deliberately attacked and killed/wounded over 200 Americans and tried to cover it up, and yet your tax dollars continuously go to Israel: a nation state that segregates, discriminates, ignores human rights, and somehow gets a pass.

My best friend from college's pops can tell you all about how the Israelis bulldozed his predominantly Palestinian Greek Orthodox Christian (zomg, there are non-muslim palestinians!) village and how he had to flee to Jordan. It really is impossible to understand the conflict in its entirity without some serious academic study or wading through primary sources.
                You can find most of the answers via a simple internet search and an open mind that hasnt been polluted by the fallacies that accompany zionism. If you prefer print, I have a dozen or so books on the Arab-Israeli conflict I can loan you.

The sad part is that Arafat turned down a deal that shared control of Jerusalem and would have made Palestinian neighborhoods in Jerusalem part of the Palestinian State. Palestine’s capitol would be in Jerusalem for real (rather than stated) and 97% of the West Bank would go to the Palestinians. This would be one contiguous land mass, not four separate parcels as the Palestinians have been saying. There would have also been a safe passage zone from Gaza. So yeah, they fucked up.

These are nothing but the thoughts of a meandering 25 year old who has read 20 or so books on this nonsensical squabble between people from whom he is disconnected entirely aside from print and other media, so judge accordingly.
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

It's the new way of thinking. We are just supposed to be nice and leave everyone alone so they will leave us alone. lol. That is what is gonna get us fucked from the inside. Being too nice and politically correct is the pussy way of doing things.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                      I am not "anti-jew" at all. I do however believe that the widespread belief that Israel is the always honorable white knight that can do no wrong needs to be stricken from the minds of the masses. The arab-israeli conflict is ludicrously complex and cannot be summed up in five minutes by any one man.

My biggest issue is that before the idea of modern zionism manifested itself in the balfour declaration, you had Christians, Muslims, and Jews living in what was called Palestine/Israel/Desert shit hole in relative peace. Then the British imperialists (led by a leader of the British Jewish community) essentially began to force out all non-jews. They have actually gotten pretty good at this. That is, evicting people from their homes (be them Christians, or whoever else). Like when they recently destroyed a Christian family's home in Bethlehem to make room for Jewish settlers. Or, you know, since they declared independence:

The Israeli's attacked Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Etc. in 1967 just like when the Nazi's invaded Poland. Israel did this to acquire land, and even the US condemned this. They got their shit pushed in in 1973 and had to give up the land (lol at Prager saying they gave it back in good faith). They have attacked lebanon and massacred thousands, they have ignored UN Decelerations, they have an illegal nuclear weapons program that is just kind of overlooked, they have deliberately attacked and killed/wounded over 200 Americans and tried to cover it up, and yet your tax dollars continuously go to Israel: a nation state that segregates, discriminates, ignores human rights, and somehow gets a pass.

My best friend from college's pops can tell you all about how the Israelis bulldozed his predominantly Palestinian Greek Orthodox Christian (zomg, there are non-muslim palestinians!) village and how he had to flee to Jordan. It really is impossible to understand the conflict in its entirity without some serious academic study or wading through primary sources.
                      You can find most of the answers via a simple internet search and an open mind that hasnt been polluted by the fallacies that accompany zionism. If you prefer print, I have a dozen or so books on the Arab-Israeli conflict I can loan you.

The sad part is that Arafat turned down a deal that shared control of Jerusalem and would have made Palestinian neighborhoods in Jerusalem part of the Palestinian State. Palestine’s capitol would be in Jerusalem for real (rather than stated) and 97% of the West Bank would go to the Palestinians. This would be one contiguous land mass, not four separate parcels as the Palestinians have been saying. There would have also been a safe passage zone from Gaza. So yeah, they fucked up.

These are nothing but the thoughts of a meandering 25 year old who has read 20 or so books on this nonsensical squabble between people from whom he is disconnected entirely aside from print and other media, so judge accordingly.
                      So...in short, they turned down land because they'd rather see Israel dead?

And the problem with your map is there's never been a Palenstine. Britain owned the land and could have called it Bob's Land at the time. It's erroneous to think there ever was a Palenstine. It's been turned over to Egypt, Jordan and Israel, but never "Palenstine".

History of Egypt under the British refers to the era from 1882 when the British succeeded in defeating the Egyptian Army at Tel El Kebir in September and took control of the country to the 1952 Egyptian revolution which made Egypt a republic and when British advisers were expelled.
                      In December 1921, the British authorities in Cairo imposed martial law and once again deported Zaghlul. Demonstrations again led to violence. In deference to the growing nationalism and at the suggestion of the High Commissioner, Lord Allenby, the UK unilaterally declared Egyptian independence on 28 February 1922, abolishing the protectorate and establishing an independent Kingdom of Egypt. Sarwat Pasha became prime minister. British influence, however, continued to dominate Egypt's political life and fostered fiscal, administrative, and governmental reforms. Britain retained control of the Canal Zone, Sudan and Egypt's external protection.

King Fuad died in 1936 and Farouk inherited the throne at the age of sixteen. Alarmed by Italy's recent invasion of Ethiopia, he signed the Anglo-Egyptian Treaty, requiring Britain to withdraw all troops from Egypt, except at the Suez Canal (agreed to be evacuated by 1949).

During World War II, British troops used Egypt as a base for Allied operations throughout the region. British troops were withdrawn to the Suez Canal area in 1947, but nationalist, anti-British feelings continued to grow after the war. The Egyptian Revolution of 1952 overthrew the Egyptian monarchy, eliminated the British military presence in Egypt, and established the modern Republic of Egypt.

The Emirate of Transjordan (Arabic: إمارة شرق الأردن Imārat Sharq al-Urdun), also hyphenated as Trans-Jordan and previously known as Transjordania or Trans-Jordania, was a British protectorate established in April 1921. The Hashemite dynasty ruled the protectorate as well as the neighbouring Mandatory Iraq, following the Cairo Conference. The territory was officially under the British Mandate for Palestine but had a fully autonomous governing system from Mandatory Palestine. In 1946, the emirate became an independent state.

The occupation of the Gaza Strip by Egypt occurred between 1948 and October 1956 and again from March 1957 to June 1967. From September 1948, until its dissolution by Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser in 1959, the Gaza Strip was officially administered by the All-Palestine Government. Although largely symbolic, the government was recognized by most members of the Arab League. Following its dissolution, Egypt did not annex the Gaza Strip but left it under military rule pending a resolution of the Palestine question.

Jordanian occupation of the West Bank refers to the occupation and annexation of the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) by Jordan (formerly Transjordan), during a period of nearly two decades (1948–1967) in the aftermath of the 1948 Arab–Israeli War.

The so called Palenstinians are a bunch of rejects that no other Arab country wanted. IMO, they're just proxies for the "war" against Israel, being used by Jordan, Syria, Iran, etc.

And I don't feel sorry for "the Palestinians" at all when Israel comes down like a hammer when rockets get shot at them.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post

The so called Palenstinians are a bunch of rejects that no other Arab country wanted. IMO, they're just proxies for the "war" against Israel, being used by Jordan, Syria, Iran, etc.

And I don't feel sorry for "the Palestinians" at all when Israel comes down like a hammer when rockets get shot at them.
                        Me neither.

Your post has done little to debunk what my post accomplished. Will you, at the very least, acknowledge that the Israelis treat the Palestinians (even the above mentioned Christian farmer) extremely unfairly and that they started wars for illegal territorial acquisition, have an illegal nuclear weapons program, have killed Americans and tried to cover it up, and have needlessly massacred thousands?

I will absolutely cede that the Palestinians, specifically rogue and militant members, deserve nothing but a swift death. Their stubbornness perpetuated by other Arab and gulf nations has ultimately contributed to the prevention of what I would like to see: a two state solution.

I believe in UN 242 and hope to see that day that the petty squabbles between militants in Gaza, Fatahland, and the West Bank can put aside their hatred and come to a solution. So many times have the sides come close, and so many times they have failed. I am passionate about this conflict because it embodies the stubbornness of the human condition, how hatred can be bred and expressed irrationally, and how this is a modern conflict that has occurred so many times in so many places. History does not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          Me neither.

Your post has done little to debunk what my post accomplished. Will you, at the very least, acknowledge that the Israelis treat the Palestinians (even the above mentioned Christian farmer) extremely unfairly and that they started wars for illegal territorial acquisition, have an illegal nuclear weapons program, have killed Americans and tried to cover it up, and have needlessly massacred thousands?

I will absolutely cede that the Palestinians, specifically rogue and militant members, deserve nothing but a swift death. Their stubbornness perpetuated by other Arab and gulf nations has ultimately contributed to the prevention of what I would like to see: a two state solution.

I believe in UN 242 and hope to see that day that the petty squabbles between militants in Gaza, Fatahland, and the West Bank can put aside their hatred and come to a solution. So many times have the sides come close, and so many times they have failed. I am passionate about this conflict because it embodies the stubbornness of the human condition, how hatred can be bred and expressed irrationally, and how this is a modern conflict that has occurred so many times in so many places. History does not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
                          I'll agree that people get caught up in the fodder of war and bad stuff happens to good people (ex. the farmer). However, IMO, Israel treats Palestinians "unfairly" is a direct result of Palestinian and Arab actions. I don't bite that the 6-day war was an illegal action as it was militarily a strategic action for their own preservation. Any and all land Israel seized is a result from Arab aggression. To the winner, the spoils of war. Are you suggesting Texas and the Southwest should be returned to Mexico for similar reasons? And needlessly massacred thousands? How many have the Palestinians killed?

Even of their own?

If you're so concerned about "...how hatred can be bred and expressed irrationally,..." then please start championing the cessation of Palestinian brain washing of their kids to hate Jews.
                          Weekly magazine featuring the best British journalists, authors, critics and cartoonists, since 1828

Every day, hundreds of millions of children in more than 120 countries settle in to watch their local versions of "Sesame Street" or similar shows inspired by the Muppet model. They learn to read, to write, to count. They learn about things like

Will the Islamophobia never end? "Hamas teaches kids to kill Jews," by Itamar Marcus and Nan Jacques Zilberdik for Palestinian Media Watch, September 23 (thanks to all who sent this in): The bear puppet host, Nassur, of a Hamas children's TV program used different words for "slaughter" to describe how to rid Israel of Jews....

I suppose we're going to agree to disagree, though.

Comment

I saw a jew once.

Comment

Jew guys are crazy!

Comment

Working...
                              X