Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• My favorite war-bird. Proof that if you put enough engines on anything, it will fly.

Comment

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
              I'll bite.

WTH is that hauling?
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                I'm waiting for the "Your mom's dildo finally arrived" comments......

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                  I'll bite.

WTH is that hauling?
                  I believe it was for hauling rocket components.
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                    I'll bite.

WTH is that hauling?
                    The core booster for the Energia Rocket back in the Soviet days. This was the rocket needed to carry the Buran shuttle to orbit.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• B29 Wright R-3350 Duplex-Cyclone engine run. A real motor. One of the most powerful radial aircraft engines produced in the United States. It was a twin-row, supercharged, air-cooled, radial engine with 18 cylinders. Power ranged from 2,200 to over 3,700 hp (1,640 to 2,760 kW),depending on the model. This is the #4 motor out of "Doc"

Comment

• Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                            B29 Wright R-3350 Duplex-Cyclone engine run. A real motor. One of the most powerful radial aircraft engines produced in the United States. It was a twin-row, supercharged, air-cooled, radial engine with 18 cylinders. Power ranged from 2,200 to over 3,700 hp (1,640 to 2,760 kW),depending on the model. This is the #4 motor out of "Doc"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=256&v=KtfBPjXSorg
                            Didn't those things have a tendancy for the 2nd row to catch fire because they ran so dang hot? Think I remember hearing that they had like a 50 hour service life before they had to go through a total rebuild.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by elPolloLoco View Post
                                I'm waiting for the "Your mom's dildo finally arrived" comments......
                                LOL I contemplated posting exactly that.
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X