No announcement yet.

***The OFFICIAL aviation pics thread***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome pictures. Really nice to see a a few Bf109's, those are not too common.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
      Awesome pictures. Really nice to see a a few Bf109's, those are not too common.
      "Spanish Mules" Built in Spain. Early versions had the Hispano engine and the last versions, the "Buchon", were powered by Merlins. easy to id by the exhaust. The German BF's had the inverted DB 605 engines.
      Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

• Had no clue Russia has something that looks near identical to the B1.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
            Had no clue Russia has something that looks near identical to the B1.

Russia has something near identical to every single American plane. They have ripped all of them off.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Nothing says "Cold War glamour" like a Soviet knock-off of a Western technology — especially when it's been reverse-engineered to perfection. Here are some of the greatest and most stylish examples of Soviet techno-piracy.

Good laugh:

Comment

• I knew they cloned a B29, the story behind that one is amazing. They had hell duplicating some of the tech.

Comment

• FWIW, the MiG-25 was designed exclusively to counter the Valkyrie bomber. When they saw that bomber, the story is they shat themselves and quickly need something that could go fast and get to high altitude. Thus, the Foxbat, which could go straight, really, really fast, and that's about it.

What do you think China's doing with all the stuff they're making for us now?
                  Last edited by GhostTX; 11-17-2015, 08:38 PM.
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Comment

• Not anything super extraordinary, but it's a cool upgrade after what seems like a zillion hours in a Cessna 172. 1976 Piper Arrow II I'm doing Commercial training in.

1990 GT

Comment

• My first Ca. gig around 1988, J-31 with Garret TPE-331 motors.

Now my ride. The mighty 80'

Did some flying with my bud in some light airplanes, L-19 and his Grumman Tiger.

Comment

• [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW7M4CDHIes[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                            My first Ca. gig around 1988, J-31 with Garret TPE-331 motors.
                            Cool pics! How do you like the L-19? I've always thought those look like a lot of fun.
                            I've about got my Commercial training knocked out, 251.5 hrs TT right now and scheduled to take my written test Friday. Hope to have checkride done before the end of the month.
                            1990 GT

Comment

• Very good progress. I moonlight at ATP-Higher Power, teaching the ATP-CTP quals in the sim. I teach in the EMB-145, the CRJ-200/700 and the DC-9(MD-80). We use AA sims.

When you get ready for your ATP, give me a shout.

The L-19 is a big bird. It was a lot bigger than I had originally thought. I have flown Cubs, citabrias and decathlons. The L-19 is much more roomy than any of those. Cessna did it right with the L-19/0-1 bird dog.

Comment

• Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                                Very good progress. I moonlight at ATP-Higher Power, teaching the ATP-CTP quals in the sim. I teach in the EMB-145, the CRJ-200/700 and the DC-9(MD-80). We use AA sims.

When you get ready for your ATP, give me a shout.

The L-19 is a big bird. It was a lot bigger than I had originally thought. I have flown Cubs, citabrias and decathlons. The L-19 is much more roomy than any of those. Cessna did it right with the L-19/0-1 bird dog.
                                I needed 80hrs when I received my Instrument rating on 9/25. So I just tried to fly as much as possible, 2-3hr x-c trips till I got down to 20 hrs remaining and my instructor and I got back together for the training part of it.

I've flown in a Super Cub with a friend, the back was a pretty tight fit. Loved the way it flies but wasn't impressed with the cabin room for sure. I''ll keep you posted on my training. I plan on doing a Commercial multi engine add on after Commercial single engine.
                                1990 GT

Comment

Working...
                                X