No announcement yet.

***The OFFICIAL aviation pics thread***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• I always forget about those bombers. Consolidated B-32 Dominator. ") was a heavy bomber made for United States Army Air Forces during World War II, and had the distinction of being the last Allied aircraft to be engaged in combat during World War II. It was developed in parallel with the Boeing B-29 Superfortress as a fallback design should the B-29 prove unsuccessful.[1] The B-32 only reached units in the Pacific during mid-1945, and subsequently only saw limited combat operations against Japanese targets before the end of the war. Most of the extant orders of the B-32 were cancelled shortly thereafter and only 118 B-32 airframes of all types were built." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consol...B-32_Dominator

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
        Looking the same direction, but full of F16's

Looking the same direction, but full of LRIP F35's.

All pictures easily found in the public domain.

Looking at it again.... I think I have my directions backwards.... Meh, what ever. Hell of a sight in BOTH directions.
        Last edited by Darren M; 02-15-2016, 12:34 PM.
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• MiG Monday?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
              I gotta say, I'm stumped...... There isn't nary a WWII era aircraft I have not at least seen a picture of and that looks like some sort of bastardized B-29. I am guessing it is some sort of post war aircraft that I have no clue what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                I gotta say, I'm stumped...... There isn't nary a WWII era aircraft I have not at least seen a picture of and that looks like some sort of bastardized B-29. I am guessing it is some sort of post war aircraft that I have no clue what it is.
                B-32 Dominator. They saw VERY limited service at the very end of the war.
                likeitfast55 posted the wikipedia link above.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Cleaning up my work locker and found this old chart.

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

• Not sure if I've posted these here or not.
                    Couple quick vids I took of a freshly rebuilt MiG-23 Flogger

David

Comment

• Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                      Cleaning up my work locker and found this old chart.

I thought Concorde could do mach 2?
                      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• Can anyone here read Chinese and tell me WTF is happening here and if it's something I need to worry about?

Comment

• wtf
                          Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                            Can anyone here read Chinese and tell me WTF is happening here and if it's something I need to worry about?
                            It means to cum very quickly. It's a novelty sign, nothing to do with the airplane haha.

Comment

• out at Alliance the other day

Comment

• Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                                out at Alliance the other day

Awesome...

Did my first solo landings at Alliance.

The runway was so big I probably could have landed the 172 sideways....

:-)

Comment

Working...
                                X