• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
    Are those A7s of late F8s? Helosailor?
    Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
    Pretty sure F8

David
    RF-8Gs, to be exact.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
      Are those A7s of late F8s? Helosailor?
      "VFP-206 RF-8Gs over Monument Valley in 1985"

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• ^^^ That would be them.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Comment

• Okay, so not exactly an aviation photo, but I had to share this somewhere (not facebook).

My wedding band showed up the other day. It's made from the titanium in an SR-71A exhaust nozzle. Specifically, 61-7972, which has some speed records.

September 01, 1974
            New York to London (World Record-Speed Over a Recognized Course): Distance: 3,461.53 statute miles...Time: 1hr 54 min 56.4 secs. Average Speed 1,806.95 statute mph.

September 13, 1974
            London to Los Angeles (World Record-Speed Over a Recognized Course): Distance: 5,446.87 statute miles...Time: 3hrs 47min 39secs. Average Speed: 1,435.59 mph

March 06, 1990
            West Coast to East Coast of USA (National Record-Speed Over a Recognized Course): Coast to Coast Distance: 2,404.05 statute miles...Time: 1 hr 07 min 53.69 secs...Average Speed: 2,124.51 mph

Los Angeles To Washington D.C. (World Record): Distance: 2,299.67 statute miles...Time: 1 hr 04 min 19.89 secs...Average Speed: 2,144.83 mph

St Louis To Cincinnati (World Record): Distance: 311.44 statute miles...Time: 8 mins 31.97 secs...Average Speed: 2,189.94 mph

Kansas City To Washington D.C. (World Record): Distance: 942.08 statute miles...Time: 25 mins 58.53 secs...Average Speed: 2176.08 mph

Here's the ring along with a book I have on the Blackbird family of planes:

And hell, it's the SR-71, always a joy to look at.

Comment

• Name the plane --

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                Okay, so not exactly an aviation photo, but I had to share this somewhere (not facebook).

My wedding band showed up the other day. It's made from the titanium in an SR-71A exhaust nozzle. Specifically, 61-7972, which has some speed records.

September 01, 1974
                New York to London (World Record-Speed Over a Recognized Course): Distance: 3,461.53 statute miles...Time: 1hr 54 min 56.4 secs. Average Speed 1,806.95 statute mph.

September 13, 1974
                London to Los Angeles (World Record-Speed Over a Recognized Course): Distance: 5,446.87 statute miles...Time: 3hrs 47min 39secs. Average Speed: 1,435.59 mph

March 06, 1990
                West Coast to East Coast of USA (National Record-Speed Over a Recognized Course): Coast to Coast Distance: 2,404.05 statute miles...Time: 1 hr 07 min 53.69 secs...Average Speed: 2,124.51 mph

Los Angeles To Washington D.C. (World Record): Distance: 2,299.67 statute miles...Time: 1 hr 04 min 19.89 secs...Average Speed: 2,144.83 mph

St Louis To Cincinnati (World Record): Distance: 311.44 statute miles...Time: 8 mins 31.97 secs...Average Speed: 2,189.94 mph

Kansas City To Washington D.C. (World Record): Distance: 942.08 statute miles...Time: 25 mins 58.53 secs...Average Speed: 2176.08 mph

Here's the ring along with a book I have on the Blackbird family of planes:

And hell, it's the SR-71, always a joy to look at.

And on top of that, the titanium in the SR-71 (and therefore, your ring) was purchased through shell corps from the Soviet Union.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• I like my ring with a subtle eastern European accent.

Comment

• Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                    Name the plane --

Top is a B-57A Canberra
                    Bottom is a Grumman C-1? Less sure on it but I think I'm close
                    1990 GT

Comment

• Both right! good eye. The B-57 is very rare. It is faster than it looks, M.85 frame.

Comment

Both right! good eye. The B-57 is very rare. It is faster than it looks, M.85 frame.
                        The max cruise speed was barely 3/4 mach unless I'm missing something?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                            The max cruise speed was barely 3/4 mach unless I'm missing something?
                            .75 vs .85 is only about 50ish knots difference. So yep, 3/4 mach. Even at .75, it is fast for that thick ass wing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              F-20 Tigershark or F-5E. Hard to tell apart.

Comment

F-20 Tigershark or F-5E. Hard to tell apart.
                                F5

Comment

Working...
                                X