No announcement yet.

***The OFFICIAL aviation pics thread***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
        .75 vs .85 is only about 50ish knots difference. So yep, 3/4 mach. Even at .75, it is fast for that thick ass wing.
        I never realized those would roll out that fast. That is gettin on through dew.
        1990 GT

Comment

• Not a pic, but French Naval Aviators are seriously badass. And the Super Étendard is a badass jet.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Farnborough International Airshow 2016 Wednesday YouTube

Day three of the flying display from the Farnborough International Airshow 2016
            Mustangs previously owned:
            1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
            1992 LX AOD
            1993 LX Drag Car
            1995 GTS
            1997 Cobra
            2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
            Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
            2016 Honda Accord Touring
            2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

• Pucker Factor: Extreme

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• ^^ I guarantee you that the tires (and probably a few flight suits) got wet on that one.

Amazing that nobody on deck was killed. I've seen the aftermath of a cable snap, and it is not pretty.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

Captured ME 262?

David

Comment

• Had to be. I would make damn sure my mechanics looked over those 262's before I took one for a spin. Late production 262's (and therefore, most) were sketchy as hell. Most had unpainted and rigged up parts, and were built by forced labor inside a mountain.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Pictures have dates Aug-45 on them. VE was May '45, so I'll wager captured 262's state-side for trials and reverse engineering.
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• 1940, Lake Worth (Willow Island in the middle). PBY Catalinas taking refuge from a gulf hurricane.

Comment

• Now that's just cool, all those PBY's. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
                              Now that's just cool, all those PBY's. Thanks
                              Agreed.
                              Great post Scott!

David

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                                1940, Lake Worth (Willow Island in the middle). PBY Catalinas taking refuge from a gulf hurricane.
                                Well that's cool as hell.

Here's the Lockheed plant in FW over time B24 then B32 then F16 then F35

Comment

Working...
                                X