No announcement yet.

***The OFFICIAL aviation pics thread***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What were the f4s that flew over the last TMS race? Those dudes flew around the neighborhood and then made a low pass into the speedway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
      We still had F4s in service?
      Not sure of the exact nature, but I believe they were used in weapons development for targeting and tracking.
      Originally posted by David View Post
      What were the f4s that flew over the last TMS race? Those dudes flew around the neighborhood and then made a low pass into the speedway.
      Also not sure, but they may have been from the same unit.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Looks like it was these guys. Which are probably the same from above.

Comment

• I know the last combat role for the F4 was in the Wild Weasel mission set. Bunch of crazy bastards.

Comment

• More info:
            http://www.stripes.com/news/air-forc...antom-1.445657
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
              more than this?

Su-35 doing some thrust vectoring.

You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

• What about a video?

This is a 360* camera on a vertical stabilizer of a MiG29.

This is an 11 min video going up to anywhere from 55,000-72,000 ft (no info on this vid, but that's the altitude these flights go to depending on weather). This is from MiGFlug, the company that will sell you a ride in the Foxbat.

Experience one of the major adventures currently available to civilians with a Edge of Space MiG-29 Stratosphere Flight. Book now and book online.

Basically they get going vertical at nearly 740 mph and fly a ballistic trajectory to that altitude and back down.

You can drag the frame up/down/side-to-side and see 360* at any time.

Comment

• Lockheed A-12 Development Story

Very interesting story about the Lockheed A-12 development from start to finish.
                  Mustangs previously owned:
                  1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
                  1992 LX AOD
                  1993 LX Drag Car
                  1995 GTS
                  1997 Cobra
                  2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
                  Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
                  2016 Honda Accord Touring
                  2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

• Last edited by inline 6; 01-04-2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Great commercial. I always loved watching it.

Here's a behind-the-scenes clip...

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• I know there is an r/c thread but I've never heard ANY r/c plane sound so scale before. I want to say the least.....

Comment

• I never wanted to get into rc airplanes until i saw this video.
                          You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

• Holy shit! That thing is awesome in every way! The speed, and especially the sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                              I never wanted to get into rc airplanes until i saw this video.
                              So do me a huge favor and don't watch this entire video.

Last edited by inline 6; 01-21-2017, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• A four stroke engine most likely. Some can get very expensive.
                                Mustangs previously owned:
                                1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
                                1992 LX AOD
                                1993 LX Drag Car
                                1995 GTS
                                1997 Cobra
                                2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
                                Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
                                2016 Honda Accord Touring
                                2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

Working...
                                X