Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Insurance?

Comment

Germania.. this was a $2600 job. They even added .5 for make ready, LMAO!! they didn't make anything ready. That truck was filthy from all of the shop dirt. I had white powdery crap on everything.
      Last edited by GeorgeG.; 11-16-2014, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
        Germania
        Worst.insurance.ever.

Hope you never have to get a claim on a total loss. They'll put the screwz on jew!

Comment

Stay with the top insurance companies and your repair process will be easier.

Comment

I don't understand.... what could they have done to make it difficult? The appraisers quote was low ($1200'ish), which I would expect in case the owner wants to pocket the money. When I took it in, the service lady mentioned needing to file for a supplement.

I don't see how that warrants sending finished work of this quality out the door. They were a hell of a lot cheaper than Farmers. I had a burglary claim with Farmers...that was a joke.

Comment

I've had Farmers since I was 15. Never had a claim that wasn't paid out insufficiently. I had to argue once, but it was paid out more than I asked eventually.

The last accident I had, a guy in a 2011 Fusion ran a stop sign an broad-sided me, totalling my Trans Am. He was very sorry and called his insurance to get me in a vehicle immediately. He called me after he was finished receiving all his citations from the police (LOL) with the contact info. Germania was his company. They set me up in a rental for 10 days for less than Enterprise's lowest rates. Thankfully, Enterprise has a good relationship with me and let me have a shit box at that rate. The claims adjuster got out and had an offer for my loss at 6600 bucks. Since I couldn't replace what I had at the time of loss for that, I rejected it. Going back and forth with them, they told me to put together some research on justifying what I wanted. I did, going off KBB, NADA, several local and national ads with comparable vehicles, etc... just for them to reject it again. They told me to turn in the rental even though they still haven't settled with me. I called my insurance and they got me into a new rental, reviewed my research and paid me more than I asked. They subrolled it to Germania, who rejected it. It went to a 3rd party moderator and they immediately sided with us. Germania finally paid almost a year later.

The guy withat the 2011 Fusion said he got less than they offered me and he was told to take it or he'd spend more money chasing the difference than he'd get.

Comment

who else in the business gets .5 for make ready? i think that was actually the glass clean up line maybe?

all my drp contacts have wash and light detail included.

Comment

Glass breakage claims I tend to send off for a detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                    Stay with the top insurance companies and your repair process will be easier.
                    Please define said "top insurance companies".

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                      Please define said "top insurance companies".
                      Farmer's
                      State Farm
                      All State
                      Geico
                      USAA
                      Progressive
                      There's others, but just off the top of my head.

Comment

More often than not it's the largest in the area. State Farm, USAA, Farmers are often A level insurance carriers in our metroplex. There are others pending what part of town it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                          I've had Farmers since I was 15. Never had a claim that wasn't paid out insufficiently. I had to argue once, but it was paid out more than I asked eventually.

The last accident I had, a guy in a 2011 Fusion ran a stop sign an broad-sided me, totalling my Trans Am. He was very sorry and called his insurance to get me in a vehicle immediately. He called me after he was finished receiving all his citations from the police (LOL) with the contact info. Germania was his company. They set me up in a rental for 10 days for less than Enterprise's lowest rates. Thankfully, Enterprise has a good relationship with me and let me have a shit box at that rate. The claims adjuster got out and had an offer for my loss at 6600 bucks. Since I couldn't replace what I had at the time of loss for that, I rejected it. Going back and forth with them, they told me to put together some research on justifying what I wanted. I did, going off KBB, NADA, several local and national ads with comparable vehicles, etc... just for them to reject it again. They told me to turn in the rental even though they still haven't settled with me. I called my insurance and they got me into a new rental, reviewed my research and paid me more than I asked. They subrolled it to Germania, who rejected it. It went to a 3rd party moderator and they immediately sided with us. Germania finally paid almost a year later.

The guy withat the 2011 Fusion said he got less than they offered me and he was told to take it or he'd spend more money chasing the difference than he'd get.
                          I guess in Farmers' defense (I had been with the same agent for about 15 years), I can say they've paid a claim or two satisfactorily. It wasn't until the home burglary where they dropped the ball. We lost a bunch of electronics and rather than give us a check to replace it, we were offered 1 year to buy everything and submit for reimbursement. That didn't help put that day behind us. Replacing the stuff that was stolen, at the time, wasn't at the top of our list of financial priorities but being able to move ahead would've been nice.

Angela Giessner Insurance in GP was extremely useless.

That's when I priced out Germania and they were much cheaper. If it's standard procedure to depreciate electronics and, at best, give the homeowner a year to replace $3500 worth of items, then I might as well pay less premiums doing it.

This is my first claim with Germania so I don't really have any complaints against them. But once I move to Grayson county, I'll probably be shopping around.

Comment

You might want to look at "actual value" vs. "replacement cost" coverages and then see which one you had on your policy.

Comment

Dropped it off this morning and spoke with the assistant manager. He appreciated me making them aware of it. He said they're not perfect but they will make it right. He picked up the rental and we'll see how it looks in a few days.

Comment

Looks like caliber collisions work

Comment

Working...
                                X