Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acura NSX

It's only about 150k

When Honda's Acura luxury division announced it was bringing back the iconic NSX sports car — as a mid-engined, Ohio-built hybrid supercar — there was a sizable amount of doubt around the industry about Honda's wherewithal to complete such a leap. Today, Acura revealed the finished NSX, and indeed, it's a supercar with more than 550 hp, three electric motors and a price that begins around $150,000 that will roll out of Ohio in a matter of months.

Looks like the result of rampant night of three-way sex between the R8, Acura TL, and second gen Mazda 3.

I like it.

Comment

Meh. Need more Ford gt
      Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

I like it, but it doesn't look like the performance is going to justify the price. When you think about the other cars out there that can be had for cheaper. Viper, Z06, C6 ZR1, GT500, CTS-V, etc. I would take any one of those over that.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          I like it, but it doesn't look like the performance is going to justify the price. When you think about the other cars out there that can be had for cheaper. Viper, Z06, C6 ZR1, GT500, CTS-V, etc. I would take any one of those over that.
          sounds like the original NSX.....

Comment

Actually the original Nsx performance was on par with it's benchmarks and priced more affordable as well. Granted there was alot less performance cars back then, the new Nsx still fits 'target' goal of r8 and 458. It may be a dollar too much and a few years too late though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
              Actually the original Nsx performance was on par with it's benchmarks and priced more affordable as well. Granted there was alot less performance cars back then, the new Nsx still fits 'target' goal of r8 and 458. It may be a dollar too much and a few years too late though.
              I think the original was priced around 90k when fully optioned, which at the time was still too much for what it was.

Comment

Msrp was 60,600. In 97' it jumped to 84,000

Comment

Depending on how many of these they produce, I'm thinking you'll be able to pick a new one up for a five figure discount within a few years. Then, it might be interesting. The new Ford GT, the upcoming "Zora", etc. are going to pound this car into the ground, but I'm sure it'll be a technological marvel.
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

The old NSX looked cool, but was sloooooooow

Comment

Acura's have been overpriced and underpowered for about as long as they've sold cars. They're not bad cars..hell they are actually very nice.....but they cost more than most cars in their class (Cadillac, Lexus, BMW, Infiniti, etc)...have less power and torque, generally are very dressed up Honda's and are front wheel drive. I'll take a Caddy, Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, Corvette, Viper, Porsche..or just about any other exotic for that kinda money.

Comment

Too little, too late. Honda needs to wake up and start making some true enthusiast cars again.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                          Too little, too late. Honda needs to wake up and start making some true enthusiast cars again.
                          They made enthusiast cars in the past?
                          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                            They made enthusiast cars in the past?
                            Yes.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                              Yes.
                              Such as?
                              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Working...
                              X