Hoonicorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoonicorn

DJ, since your Grande is needing an engine, you should do this to it.

When the government pays, the government controls.

LMAO @ "Ready? Loud noises..."

This car is serious boner material. Here's it's final form:

Last edited by Strychnine; 03-23-2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Ive seen that. I wish I had the obscene amount of money it took to build that car.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

"this purpose-built tire apocalypse has pretty much exactly nothing in common with Lee Iacocca’s original pony car and is illegal in every racing series except maybe in the alternate universe where Bernie Ecclestone runs NASCAR"

HOONICORN RTR SPECIFICATIONS:

- MOTOR: Roush Yates 410 cubic inch Ford V8, 845 hp/720 lb.ft with ITBs

- TRANSMISSION: 6-speed Sadev SC90-24 all-wheel drive transmission with a hydraulic handbrake system

- SUSPENSION: Custom ASD Motorsports-designed geometry and components

- BODY: 1965 widebody Ford Mustang designed by RTR, Ken Block and Hoonigan, ASD Motorsports full tubular chassis, ASD Motorsports custom roll-cage, door bars and front/rear suspension mounts, RTR carbon fiber body panels

- WHEELS: fifteen52 three-piece R40, 18” x10.5”

- TIRES: Pirelli Trofeo R, 295/30/18, custom Ken Block compound

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          Ive seen that. I wish I had the obscene amount of money it took to build that car.

I read somewhere that the transmission alone was likely in the $40k range.

You won't find a published price... anywhere.

Guesses on the car are in the $150k range.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            I read somewhere that the transmission alone was likely in the $40k range.

You won't find a published price... anywhere.

Guesses on the car are in the $150k range.
            Probably about right.

The engine, from what I could find online is $45K!!!
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
              Probably about right.

The engine, from what I could find online is $45K!!!

short some zeros. They get 100k for a carbed nascar engine.. I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to 200k my self. I bet total is well in the million range.

Everything is custom and original, nothing is off the shelf. It’s hard to put a price on this thing, but if forced, you’re probably looking at well over six figures.

Comment

It is interesting the decided to keep the body all metal.

What’s up Speedhunters! I am pumped to share some of the finer details around the Hoonicorn RTR that ASD Motorsports and RTR built for my good friend Ken Block so that he could shred downtown LA for Gymkhana SEVEN. If you haven’t seen it yet?(unlikely we know),?here’s a?link for your enjoyment. There is simply too …

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                  It is interesting the decided to keep the body all metal.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/12/...r-build-story/
                  Or carbon fiber.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by sig239 View Post
                    short some zeros. They get 100k for a carbed nascar engine.. I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to 200k my self. I bet total is well in the million range.

Everything is custom and original, nothing is off the shelf. It’s hard to put a price on this thing, but if forced, you’re probably looking at well over six figures.
                    Except, this is not a nascar engine... It's a Sprint Car engine. NASCAR engines are 358ci, not 410. And from what I could find online, this particular 410ci engine is around $45k.
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

The only way they built that car for 150k was if they didn't factor their time and fabrication.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        Or carbon fiber.
                        You are right. I missed the part where they used the metal that guy did as forms for the carbon.
                        Last edited by NoClassic; 03-23-2015, 07:26 PM.

Comment

AMAZING build for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                            Except, this is not a nascar engine... It's a Sprint Car engine. NASCAR engines are 358ci, not 410. And from what I could find online, this particular 410ci engine is around $45k.
                            And it's a weak one at that. A good 410 that produces 900+hp is in the 55-60k range.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                              And it's a weak one at that. A good 410 that produces 900+hp is in the 55-60k range.
                              yep, ken blocks engine is junk
                              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Working...
                              X