No announcement yet.

First GT350 in the 10's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens to those numbers if you change it to a Dville tune?
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
      What happens to those numbers if you change it to a Dville tune?
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Lmmfao!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

That car was never meant to do that. I am sure it will have massive issues if they keep spraying a car with that kind of compression. Plenty of similar 500hp car will have better 1/4 times because the gearing, suspension, and engine were simply not designed for it.

Wait until the new big brother comes out with the TT 5.0. Then we will see some 1/4 times to blow people away.

Comment

The spray is being removed and they're going with a Whipple.

Comment

wuz they makin too much powa?
                Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  LOL! Just underwhelmed with this particular result. If they took a stock car, did the usual tune exhaust tire and lightened it up thing, maybe a little suspension work, and went 10s all motor, then that would be bad ass.

You know, like the coyote did five years ago.

I'm sure when they get a clutch back in it, and a real tire, it will run some stellar times.
                  You can't compare the 2, that video says Not Applicable at the top right corner!

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                    well it's not designed to 1/4 mile racing. will your cobra be??
                    Oh thanks professor, do you think that maybe that could have been my point all along, that the car is not exactly optimized for a quarter mile run?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                      16 ss + radials/tune/nitrous + 120 odd extra cid = 10.6 @ 129
                      16 gt350 + radials/tune/intake/exhaust/e85/nitrous = 10.9 @ 125

fixed

Comment

Originally posted by sig239 View Post
                        fixed
                        granted i don't know a ton about the new gt350, but with that said:

i believe the 350 has a 5.2 (315ci) vs. the 6.2 lt1 (379ci) or 64ci difference in displacement. what i do know is the lt1 is rated 71hp lower than the gt350.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                          well it's not designed to 1/4 mile racing. will your cobra be??
                          Boy making two thousand dollar bets with a two hundred fifty dollar car.
                          TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                            granted i don't know a ton about the new gt350, but with that said:

i believe the 350 has a 5.2 (315ci) vs. the 6.2 lt1 (379ci) or 64ci difference in displacement. what i do know is the lt1 is rated 71hp lower than the gt350.
                            My bad i was thinking the ss had a 427cid in it for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                              LOL! Just underwhelmed with this particular result. If they took a stock car, did the usual tune exhaust tire and lightened it up thing, maybe a little suspension work, and went 10s all motor, then that would be bad ass.

You know, like the coyote did five years ago.

I'm sure when they get a clutch back in it, and a real tire, it will run some stellar times.
                              Nice. So many of my fellow mustang road racing buddies are so excited about the GT350/S550 and even the coyote powered S197s until I remind them that my 2000 GT weighs 500-700# less, has MORE rwhp with a used take out coyote and a 302 intake and blows the doors off all the new factory pigs. All I hear at that point is crickets.

Wonder what my car would run in the quarter if I could soften it enough to hook up? 3150#, 460rwhp, faceplatted t56 and driver mod all N/A.

Comment

Want a 350gt and not for drag racing.

Comment

Working...
                                X