No announcement yet.

1/12th Scale 1969 Camaro Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new wheels showed up today. I'm VERY pleased with the way that the centers turned out. As for the sleeves, I made a slight error when I designed them, and they are WAY too small. This wheel center was printed in shapeways Frosted Ultra Detail material, and is very nice IMHO.

Here is what it looked like when it came out of the box, semi transparent

A coat of primer applied

Then how it looks under the car

Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Fuck, I am still having hell with my full scale build.

Comment

lol. I've been fighting with this thing for 5 years now or so. The rear suspension started coming apart tonight. I plan to re-build a lot of it. I've got some machined aluminum goodies that should be here tomorrow. Rod ends, and some more bolt heads. Hopefully the brake parts will ship out next week. I've still got to re-design the sleeves and get them re-printed. At that point, I MIGHT be able to get the rear suspension finished up, and get the front suspension sorted out and started.

Comment

I got some brake components in yesterday. The rotor and half of a caliper. The caliper needs to be a bit smaller, however the rotor turned out really nice. I thought I had ordered a rotor hat but I guess I didn't. The rotors will be painted gunmetal, or flat black with a silver mist to simulate the carbon rotors from a ZR1 corvette. All I had available was gloss black, but it allows you to see the machined aluminum bolt heads that will be used to detail the brakes once I get a full set done and ready.

Comment

It has been a good long while since I updated this. About 13 months. I got my desktop up and running and installed solidworks on it. I decided its time for me to do a couple of things, improve my knowledge and skills in solid works and see if I could get some new parts designed for this car. It is pretty rewarding to take styrene sheet and build a motor block or intake, etc. However, its tough to reach the level of detail and accuracy you can get through designing parts in solidworks and having them printed. So, tonight, I went through my reference files and found some images of an LS1 block with measurements. So, I started working on designing an LS1 block in 1/12th scale in solidworks. I am hoping someone out there can lend me a hand. I have some external dimensions, but I need some internal dimensions. Right now I'm to a point I need to know the thickness of the main caps, can anyone help me?

Comment

Great job, can't wait to see how it ends up.

Comment

Bad ass work, Russell. Crazy patience and skill! The last project I put 5 years in to ended up in a divorce.

Comment

Wow dude sick work here.

Did you ever stop by Old Town Hobby Shoppe in lewisville? He is closing down, but used to have some badass models on display. A few of them were kits done as rust buckets..

Like these:

Comment

Originally posted by MustangPoser View Post
                    Wow dude sick work here.

Did you ever stop by Old Town Hobby Shoppe in lewisville? He is closing down, but used to have some badass models on display. A few of them were kits done as rust buckets..

Like these:

Never went by there. I'm way outside of the Metroplex in Greenville. We have a guy here on the board that had some stuff on display there IIRC. Did I send all of the files to you that you needed for my website? I can't remember if I sent them all or just one of them

Comment

Thought I would bump this. I played around with the wheels, wanting to see how convincing plastic sleeves painted with aluminum would look. The texture kills it, unfortunately. I am going to get one printed with better quality plastic and paint and clear it and see how they turn out. ~$30 for sleeves vs $150-200 is much better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by MustangPoser View Post
                        Wow dude sick work here.

Like these:

Comment

I just can't bring myself to beat one up. I enjoy my show car shine!

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                            I just can't bring myself to beat one up. I enjoy my show car shine!

I on the other hand enjoy my beaters way more. I find myself still spending time looking at my rusty models, and my show cars end up in boxes. Thats why I love those jacked up resin coupe bodies you sent me so much. I still plan on doing something cool with them.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                              I on the other hand enjoy my beaters way more. I find myself still spending time looking at my rusty models, and my show cars end up in boxes. Thats why I love those jacked up resin coupe bodies you sent me so much. I still plan on doing something cool with them.
                              I can't wait to see what you do with them!

Comment

Well, it is about time to bump this thing up. I have a package coming from a modeler on the west coast. It should have some racing type seats, and a pair of resin LS1 engines. This should get me going for a little bit until I get the wheels sorted out. I think that I am going to send the printed center that I made and have some sleeves made to fit it, and then design/create tires from there.

My new modelling mecca:

Comment

Working...
                                X