Ded

Comment

• Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
      Cabo?

Yessir.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        Yessir.
        Nice, that view must be really close to my families property there.

LUCKY MAH FOOKER!
        Ded

Comment

Nice, that view must be really close to my families property there.

LUCKY MAH FOOKER!

That pic is from a restaurant called Sunset da Mona Lisa on the NE point of the San Lucas Bay. Where is your family's place?

Cabo is one of my favorite places on Earth (but I'd probably buy property in the mountains first). We take advantage of a 2200 sqft presidential suite at Land's End every summer and it's fucking awesome. We didn't even fish this year... just ate and drank a lot and did NOTHING.

Here's one of the pools (the only pic on my phone right now). We're on the southern (Gulf of California) side of the point away from all the touristy shit in the harbor

Comment

• ^Nice dude! super jelly.

Ours is in the hills off highway 1 or whatever, right before the Ventanas hotel.
            Ded

Comment

^Nice dude! super jelly.

Ours is in the hills off highway 1 or whatever, right before the Ventanas hotel.
              That's badass. How did they come to own down there? Did they just vacation and get hooked?

Comment

^Nice dude! super jelly.

Time for the obligatory party at the parents house post?
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Time for the obligatory party at the parents house post?
                  In!

Comment

• Grand parents and thet've owned there for atleast 15years. I have no idea how and the last time I went was in 1994. At first they had a plot that they'd park their badass RV on then in 01 or 02 they built a 9 bedroom villa with a pool. Apparently it's close to Sly's house down there.
                    Ded

Comment

• you guys have any tips on going to cabo? Obviously I wouldn't be able to stay at a place like you, but looking for good options

Comment

• Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                        you guys have any tips on going to cabo? Obviously I wouldn't be able to stay at a place like you, but looking for good options
                        Tips on things in the area or places to stay?

I can definitely make some damn good (and cheap... or expensive) food recommendations. What kind of stuff are you in to? Touristy things? Do you fish? Anyone going with you?

Comment

you guys have any tips on going to cabo? Obviously I wouldn't be able to stay at a place like you, but looking for good options
                          Lots of affordable older hotels there, just be careful when you shit. All the older places use smaller diameter sewage plumbing and if you flush paper they back up. That's why a lot of places have baskets of shitty toilet paper next to the toilet.

Check out el squid roe, cabo wabo cantina. giggling marlin and flights to Mazatlan are cheap.

That's all I have, lol.
                          Ded

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                            Yep. my chicks totally about to paint this for me
                            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              Tips on things in the area or places to stay?

I can definitely make some damn good (and cheap... or expensive) food recommendations. What kind of stuff are you in to? Touristy things? Do you fish? Anyone going with you?
                              Places to stay number 1. Things to do would be great as well. I just did a fishing trip out of Destin... 1.5hrs out and we caught our limit very fast, but almost all were in the 10-15lb range.

We are looking at spring time so I know to expect to pay a little more that time of year. I think we'll probably hang out and relax more than anything. It's a trip of a few couples that we are trying to put together. We are all in our late 20's.

Comment

Places to stay number 1. Things to do would be great as well. I just did a fishing trip out of Destin... 1.5hrs out and we caught our limit very fast, but almost all were in the 10-15lb range.

We are looking at spring time so I know to expect to pay a little more that time of year. I think we'll probably hang out and relax more than anything. It's a trip of a few couples that we are trying to put together. We are all in our late 20's.

May - October is "off season" for Cabo so prices are lower.

Winter is the peak season down there. Mostly due to people elsewhere wanting to get out of the cold. This time of year most of the Americans you meet down there are from Texas, Arizona, Cali, etc.

December - February are peak whale watching months. Cabo is along the migratory route for a bunch of species. We're going back in January to do a speedboat excursion out to the heaviest trafficked waters to go touch some whales... I'll report with pics after.

It averages around five days of rain / year (late Aug to Sep time), but right now they have only had two days of rain the past two years, so don't be concerned about weather.

You can buy timeshare weeks from people from places like resortcom.com or even ebay.

Cabo has amazing billfish. About this time last year someone reeled in a 1200+ lbs marlin after a 24+ hour fight.

Dive into sportfishing excellence at the Los Cabos Billfish Tournament. Join us for thrilling competition, conservation, and unforgettable moments.

As for places to eat you have to try the Crazy Lobster (open air, street side cafe). If you catch fish (tuna, dorado, etc) and bring it in they will prepare it however you want for free and only charge for drinks and sides.

Maro's Shrimp House is next door and also dirt cheap and awesome ($16 grilled shrimp / lobster dinner)
                                For higher end stuff there is Lorenzillo's in the harbor, Sunset da Mona Lisa up the coast for a great view, Capella's if you want to rub elbows w/ the rich and famous... you name it, you'l find it.

Oh and there are streetside bars everywhere so you can always have a cheap cerveza while wandering through all the shops and flea markets.

Oh and there are always some baller ass yachts to drool over

Comment

Working...
                                X