Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 68RR View Post
    Watched them run at Englishtown and Keystone. I believe more than 3 were built, but it's been too long.. Rod Shop, Landy, S/M and Carlton at least.
    Carlton was killed in one in the mid 70's
    Three cars were built by Mopar and the rest were all built by private racers. This car was given to carlton but as you said he was killed and this car was never raced. My friends dad bought it off Dons wife and when he passed away he left it to my friend Jeff. All the people that were involved with the Chryslers pro stock program that built the three colts have already verified that this is the last one and they have signed the car and the paper work.
    He has a letter and pictures of Tom Hoover (the god father of the Hemi) with the car. They also told him that this car still has the motor that they put in it for testing. It is the same block that they gave to richard Petty when he went drag racing for a short time. They showed my friend the markings that they put on the block.$$$$$$$$$$$
    Here is a couple more pics foy ya.

Comment

• J..

Who built this car?? I remember Logge building a couple, and, like you said, there were others built. I didn't think that Chrysler did any of the fabrication. I remember Sox running a Colt bought from a New York Street Racer, and was at the Rod Shop in Ohio getting a friends Stage 3 head repaired and sat in their Colt. They also had a Colt wagon, but that was running a small block with some funky heads. Remember when Stepp had theirs and saw that car, and their Arrow running match races.
      Carlton's death was a shock to us Mopar guys as many thought he was the best driver at the time. We heard the cage failed... He rowed a four speed as well or better than Sox or Leal..
      Man, ancient history!

My old road toad

Me in the right lane
      Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

• Originally posted by 68RR View Post
        J..

Who built this car?? I remember Logge building a couple, and, like you said, there were others built. I didn't think that Chrysler did any of the fabrication. I remember Sox running a Colt bought from a New York Street Racer, and was at the Rod Shop in Ohio getting a friends Stage 3 head repaired and sat in their Colt. They also had a Colt wagon, but that was running a small block with some funky heads. Remember when Stepp had theirs and saw that car, and their Arrow running match races.
        Carlton's death was a shock to us Mopar guys as many thought he was the best driver at the time. We heard the cage failed... He rowed a four speed as well or better than Sox or Leal..
        Man, ancient history!

My old road toad

Me in the right lane
        Cool stuff. Do you still have the RR?
        I dont know who built the 3 colts but they told Jeff that they called his car the "shelf car" because when they needed to do some testing or make changes they would pull his car down off the shelf and use his car. Thats why his car was never raced competitively.
        Then when they gave it to Carlton he already had his car so he just put this one away.
        They showed him allot of cool things they did to this car that he never knew. They acid dipped it so much that in the wind tunnel the roof would flap like crazy so they sprayed this on the underside to stop it.

FWIW my friend that owns the car is not a car guy. He loves the car because it was his dads and he know it has great history but he is not into racing and doesnt really know much about cars.
        OH ya did I tell you that his dad also left him a black on black 446 70 Challenger that he bought new,A 67 GTX hemi,A 68 383 RR and three or four 426 Hemis.

Comment

• How the "Toad" looks today...

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

• Here is the new SVT I picked up today. Finally something that gets better than 25mpg...

*idk how to re-size it...a little large of a photo, oops.
            Originally posted by Buzzo
            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jleews6 View Post
              do like
              If you can read this thank a teacher. If it's in English thank a soldier.

Comment

• I WANT THAT COLT!!!!!
                Sweet roadrunner too

Comment

This kid did this car exact to the real car. It even has a liquorice dispencer and his tag is schwing.
                  one of the best clones around.

theres a gorgeous, younger hipster chick driving one of these in a nice doodoo brown color around arlington... yum.

Comment

Is this the one under the bridge in Connecticut?

Comment

• Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                      Here is the new SVT I picked up today. Finally something that gets better than 25mpg...

*idk how to re-size it...a little large of a photo, oops.
                      2003? Mine never saw better than 22 MPG, so good luck. I don't care what the sticker and the EPA say, unless it has a tune you won't get near 25 MPG.

Comment

• Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                        Is this the one under the bridge in Connecticut?
                        Close, Its under the bridge in Fall river Massachusets .

Comment

• My friend just finished this.

Comment

• This is a real J code car. 429 SCJ ran air car. Still has all the original paint on it. I could have bought this car at one time for $4000 and I turned it down.

Comment

• A couple of my 85s. The black one is a 40K mile car radio delete and the red one is a 44K mile car.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X