No announcement yet.

Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all those jets lined up are practicing for pearl harbor the sequel.

Comment

• http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

• Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
        that is actually a friend of mine
        http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

• Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
          that is actually a friend of mine
          We know ya like candy too!
          sigpic

Comment

• http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

• May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
              Semper Fi

Comment

• Originally posted by mikec View Post
                I'd like to see the video of 60 jets taxiing in formation and taking off like that. Bet it is bad ass as hell!
                Definitely a cold war thing. Lots of vids of SAC bombers doing MITO (minimum interval take off) training.

B-52 MITO video with some good old commentary

B-47 MITO

B47's doing Minimal Interval Takeoffs (MITO's). Runways were very wide to accomodate staggered takeoffs (left side, right side, , left side, and so on). Because of the black exhausts the runway visibility was poor for the planes following. If a takeoff had to be aborted the pilots were told not to abort mid runway but rather continue to roll and go off the end.

B-58 MITO

Comment

• This '48 Ford has a mark VIII motor in it. I'm not sure, but I think I remember JC316 saying he abandoned a project just like this at one point.
                  Originally posted by Buzzo
                  Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                      This '48 Ford has a mark VIII motor in it. I'm not sure, but I think I remember JC316 saying he abandoned a project just like this at one point.
                      [img]http://images.craigslist.org/3m13M63Hc5I95Ka5Mccbq9dd907f23702147a.jpg[/i
                      Good memory, it was a 1951 Cadillac. Got a long way into it, completely rigged the suspension and the motor, but then my dads cancer came back and I started showing symptoms of Crohns and it just got scrapped.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                          Definitely a cold war thing. Lots of vids of SAC bombers doing MITO (minimum interval take off) training.

B-52 MITO video with some good old commentary
                          xx

B-47 MITO

xx

B-58 MITO
                          xx
                          Those were cool as hell. I can't say that I knew those jet engines made all that smoke, neat to see the others come out of it like that...
                          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mikec View Post
                              Those were cool as hell. I can't say that I knew those jet engines made all that smoke, neat to see the others come out of it like that...
                              They are old tech which means they are less efficient but they also used water injection for a thrust boost on takeoff. It gave more power and allowed higher RPMs but a byproduct was cooler combustion which lead to the smoke.

The J57 engine was/is a notorious smoker.

Last edited by Strychnine; 01-09-2013, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                                Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                                X