X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

Saw one of those on a flatbed today. Looked nearly identical but its turbos were at the rear and each looked larger than my entire motor. Was wondering if it was a pump or for a generator or something. Didnt look like a marine engine and it was large enough to hang over the sides a few inches on the trailor so figured it was too big for any earth movers.
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
          Saw one of those on a flatbed today. Looked nearly identical but its turbos were at the rear and each looked larger than my entire motor. Was wondering if it was a pump or for a generator or something. Didnt look like a marine engine and it was large enough to hang over the sides a few inches on the trailor so figured it was too big for any earth movers.
          Assuming it was a Cummins then you probably saw a QSK50. Around here, if it was a loose engine, odds are it was for a frac pump.

That pic is a QSK95. There are only 6 or 7 built right now. Outside of Seymour, IN you're not likely to see one for another couple years.

Here' a pic that gives some scale to the 95

Did what you saw look like this?

Comment

• Is that the modular unit that allows for more cylinders?

Comment

• Nope, what I saw looked very similar to this:

The size looks about right too. It had individual valve covers but I didnt think to count how many. It was dark grey and the two turbos both had their inlets facing straight back on top of the motor and were freakin huge.

It appeared to be a brand new engine being delivered. Didnt have a spec of dirt on it. It was easily over 8' tall.
              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

It appeared to be a brand new engine being delivered. Didnt have a spec of dirt on it. It was easily over 8' tall.
                Oh, that was my motor being shipped in. I ordered it to swap into the nissan 720
                Originally posted by Buzzo
                Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Nope, what I saw looked very similar to this:

The size looks about right too. It had individual valve covers but I didnt think to count how many. It was dark grey and the two turbos both had their inlets facing straight back on top of the motor and were freakin huge.

could have been a big Caterpillar or Waukesha. the color is often dictated by the company that owns or packaged the engine if it's for a compressor unit.
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    could have been a big Caterpillar or Waukesha. the color is often dictated by the company that owns or packaged the engine if it's for a compressor unit.
                    Sounds like a Caterpillar 3612 or 3616

Rod and wrist pin out of 3600 series cat.
                    Last edited by Mysticcobrakilla; 03-29-2013, 05:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                      Yeah if he could see the individual rocker boxes from the outside then it was prob a Cat... I don't think the MTU has turbos on the rear.

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      Is that the modular unit that allows for more cylinders?
                      Yes. First rollout will be the 95 liter (v16). After that will come the v20 (120 liter, 5000hp) and a v12 version. Same power cylinders all around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        Yeah if he could see the individual rocker boxes from the outside then it was prob a Cat... I don't think the MTU has turbos on the rear.
                        One of your QSKta-50's......well used!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post

Rod and wrist pin out of 3600 series cat.
                          Thats the one!Good call.

Comment

• It was probably on it's to my place - I'm going to test fit it in my foxbody.

pic unrelated

Comment

• Happy times!
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X