Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    Alex, this is pure propaganda. I see F35s flying almost every day. LM has already delivered quite a few to the Air Force. It's actually an amazing plane.
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• LIES!!!!! Everything the gubbernment does is wrong!

Still a stupid crazy amount of cash lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
        Alex, this is pure propaganda. I see F35s flying almost every day. LM has already delivered quite a few to the Air Force. It's actually an amazing plane.
        It is on par to become to most expensive project in human history. It will cost more than the entire 50 year running budget of NASA, it is replacing a plane the superior F22, which replaced a plane that had something like 127 kills and zero losses (f15).

I'm sorry, but the F35 project is the embodiment of runaway military spending.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• The F35 doesn't replace the F22. They have different roles. There are sub assemblies on the JSF that are more complex than an F16. Most of the comparisons folks try to make, prove they don't understand air warfare. The F15 and 16 are both great planes, but I'd take 1 F22 over 100 of either. The JSF is an extremely complex design, mostly due to trying to make it universal..I.e. include the stovl version. I honestly wish they would drop it, but the Brits and the marines will never allow that.

Yep, it's expensive, but there is not another program to compare it to. It's all apples to oranges.
          86 SVO - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
            thats here in dallas! best tacos in town, and eolota's to die for imho
            What the hell are elota's, gringo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
              What the hell are elota's, gringo?
              elote's, been up since 3am, cocaine is a helluva drug

THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• As a sheltered white boy I don't know what that is. But I recognize the rusty spoon as paraphernalia.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  It is on par to become to most expensive project in human history. It will cost more than the entire 50 year running budget of NASA, it is replacing a plane the superior F22, which replaced a plane that had something like 127 kills and zero losses (f15).

I'm sorry, but the F35 project is the embodiment of runaway military spending.
                  It is not replacing the F22, it has a different role. The F22 was supposed to replace the F18 which I thought was dumb because the F18 was already the best fighter in the sky.

What I have noticed (and don't know the facts) is the I no longer see F14s (which are resorse hogs) on pictures of aircraft carriers. Only F18s.

The cost of the F35 that's listed on this page is nuts though. Can that be near right? I just don't see nearly 2 trillion to make a supersonic jumpjet.
                  Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
                    got this from reddit...woulda been more hilarious if it was a bmw.

What in the Fuck... , and not the best tacos either.

Comment

• Holy-same-face-on-seven-bitches, Batman! Are my eyes racist? The following gif is seven of the 20 contestants in the miss Korea contest.

Thread:
                      Korea's plastic surgery mayhem is finally converging on the same face. Here are the miss korea 2013 contestants. This isn’t Photoshopped of the Day: Miss Korea 2013 Contestants Are your eyes being racist? Or do these women actually look eerily similar? This surreal GIF compilation showing all of 20…
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                        The F35 doesn't replace the F22. They have different roles. There are sub assemblies on the JSF that are more complex than an F16. Most of the comparisons folks try to make, prove they don't understand air warfare. The F15 and 16 are both great planes, but I'd take 1 F22 over 100 of either. The JSF is an extremely complex design, mostly due to trying to make it universal..I.e. include the stovl version. I honestly wish they would drop it, but the Brits and the marines will never allow that.

Yep, it's expensive, but there is not another program to compare it to. It's all apples to oranges.
                        It doesn't technically replace the F22, but the F22 got canned so now all we have to look forward to is the F35. And I would hope all assemblies on the F35 are more complex than anything found on the forty year old F16. I wouldn't say that the F15 is just a great plane; Going by combat record it is the greatest fighter ever made and continues to kick ass.

The F35 has become a bureaucratic nightmare and "multirole" stuff has never made sense to me. Either make a fighter or make a ground attack craft.
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                          It is not replacing the F22, it has a different role. The F22 was supposed to replace the F18 which I thought was dumb because the F18 was already the best fighter in the sky.

What I have noticed (and don't know the facts) is the I no longer see F14s (which are resorse hogs) on pictures of aircraft carriers. Only F18s.

The cost of the F35 that's listed on this page is nuts though. Can that be near right? I just don't see nearly 2 trillion to make a supersonic jumpjet.
                          "The Tomcat was retired from the U.S. Navy's active fleet on 22 September 2006, having been supplanted by the Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet.[2]" from wiki.

And I doubt that price is right. It is an expensive program, but that poster looks like total propaganda.
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

• Welcome to the latest in the military's swiss army knife approach to aircraft. The H-60 (and it's cracking main beams on the Navy variants), and the Super Hornet which is being used as a strike fighter/fleet defense fighter/tanker/electronic warfare aircraft.

Pic unrelated:
                            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Last edited by Pooter; 04-25-2013, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X