Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by red89notch View Post
    Internally the engines are pretty sound. I have never seen one throw a rod or drop a valve. The only internal issues seem to be the blown out oil,tubes for the lifters but they,are no big deal. The problem is with everything around it and it's electrical components. The MAF sucks, the engine harnesses crack, the EAs go bad and then when you have to replace those you break 400.00 worth of brittle hoses and vacuum lines in the process. It just ends up being more than the car is worth if you keep repairing the minor issues.

Now dont get me wrong, the W210 chassis is the most reliable there is when it comes to Mercedes-Benz but I would never get,a pre face-lift car.

Also, look into the common problems any 65 car has and whats parts cost to repair them. Its not uncommon to have a 10/15k repair bill on an older one like you are wanting. Most common issues will be ABC strut leaks at roughly 1600.00 each for just the part. The pumps are another common issue and about the same price with a ton more labor. They have misfire issues at that age with a coil costing upwards of a grand. Just know what youre getting yourself into first. I know you can do some of the labor yourself but parts alone can get pretty crazy. I say stick with the reliable 55 instead.
    Yeah when I can get one I am planning on searching for one that's had the ABC replaced already with good records of service. That's one of the reasons it is gonna take me a while before I buy one because a good history car is $30k+ and I want another 10k stashed for the parts needed and I wanted to chip, LSD, intercooler upgrade it too.

What you say makes sense about the E420 though. I figured the engine and chasis was good but knew acc parts would be costly. As I just learned an hour ago. Took the car for a test drive and the primary fan exploded, blowing the shroud to pieces while doing so.
    Turns out the bearings in the alt/fan mount went bad. So that's $300 for the mount, $100 for just the plastic fan and another $200 for the housing. * busts out credit card and bangs head on wall*
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
      I'll have to remember that line.

Comment

• Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
        I'll have to remember that line.
        Is your last name Cox?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
          Is your last name Cox?
          No, he just really loves them.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Benz Rodeo test.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• ^Why?

Comment

• To bleed out the hydraulics for the suspension system.

Comment

• Ah, makes sense.

Comment

• Comment

• /\ makes no sense.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Coop.

Comment

• Comment

• That intake painting is sweet.