No announcement yet.

Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must've been in a different part of the world full of well off nerd kids. Everyone who was anyone had a bike that was used for more than cruising around. Banana seats were also considered queer, or for girls. The overwhelming consensus was to rather be seen on a Huffy than to ride a bike with a banana seat. I mean look at this ad:

This poor bastard is only happy because he's being paid to be on that pile of crap. I'm sure his school life was miserable, as well as the backlash after this ad was released.
    Only reason why they are so collectable now is because no one had one back then.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post

He even has a tandem that I would use dad's money to pay to see CJ and Threefingerpete roll around on, haha.
      ftfy
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
        Fact checkers ?

"Because of the crystal-clear water, Flathead Lake in Montana seems shallow, but in reality is 370 feet in depth."

Inline6 is right, but people are still dumb enough to not realize that.

Flathead lake is 370' max depth: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flathead_Lake
        If anyone thinks it's 370' in that pic then they are fucking retarded.

And that's just using common sense, not science. Add physics to the mix and anyone who believes it should really just go drink bleach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
          ftfy
          Hey, it's easier than making money!
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            Only reason why they are so collectable now is because no one had one back then.
            Damn dude, you seem awfully upset.

Comment

Must've been in a different part of the world full of well off nerd kids. Everyone who was anyone had a bike that was used for more than cruising around. Banana seats were also considered queer, or for girls. The overwhelming consensus was to rather be seen on a Huffy than to ride a bike with a banana seat. I mean look at this ad:

This poor bastard is only happy because he's being paid to be on that pile of crap. I'm sure his school life was miserable, as well as the backlash after this ad was released.
              I remember this as Alex's dad does. They were very sought after and admired, but also, not very good bikes.

I'm thinking this may have been earlier, as my experience would have been early 70's.
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• I will try and post up some photos of his bikes. Some of them are really cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                  I remember this as Alex's dad does. They were very sought after and admired, but also, not very good bikes.
                  My bike riding days started in the mid 70's. I only ever remember seeing/sitting on one. They were not sought after by those who wanted to actually ride and get dirty, which was about everyone, especially bikes with banana seats.

Comment

My bike riding days started in the mid 70's. I only ever remember seeing/sitting on one. They were not sought after by those who wanted to actually ride and get dirty, which was about everyone, especially bikes with banana seats.
                    My Dad was born in 1953, and he got his drivers license at 15. I imagine his peak biking years were 64-68.

Comment

• Banana seat, dude...

Comment

Banana seat, dude...
                        I think they were kind of the standard seat through the 50s and early 60s.

Comment

I remember the backlash against banana seats, but it was late 70's and early 80's. I never had one of those, but I rode on 2, or maybe 3.

I only had 1 decent bike as a kid -

, but several other pieces of junk. I was also in a very small town.
                          Last edited by Chas_svo; 06-04-2013, 12:14 PM.
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                            I remember the backlash against banana seats, but it was late 70's and early 80's. I never had one of those, but I rode on 2, or maybe 3.

I only had 1 decent bike as a kid -

, but several other pieces of junk. I was also in a very small town.
                            Lol, my first bike was the next year model. http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/huffy/46055#.Ua4xUkDBN8E
                            Broke my wrist 2 weeks after I got it, and it was stolen 2 weeks after that.
                            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                              Broke my wrist 2 weeks after I got it, and it was stolen 2 weeks after that.
                              That wouldn't of happened if you would've gotten a real bike!

Comment

• Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Working...
                                X