• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• That's a tall order, anyone who's planning to top that post today. Bravo, you win the internetz for Thursday.

I lost it at "potbellied pig"
            Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

• I don't even know what to say about that...

Comment

• Comment

• Any back stories on the ruins pics?

And in case it hasn't been said, Reagan is 10x the man that Obama could ever hope to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    Any back stories on the ruins pics?

Beauty Among The Ruins: See Some of the World’s Most Beautiful Abandoned Places
                    By: Joe Berkowitz

Take a tour of the world’s apparently robust supply of empty castles, power plants, and churches--and witness the surprising grandeur of dilapidation.

A tired screenwriting trope is to use abandoned places as settings where one’s gory horror scenarios might unfold--the house nobody has been inside for years, the decrepit mental hospital kids dare each other to sneak into. But "abandoned" doesn’t always mean "scary." In fact, in some cases, it can be downright breathtaking--and not in a strangulation kind of way.

Italian product manager and web designer Francesco Mugnai recently added a collection of images to his blog touting some of the most beautiful images of abandoned spots and modern ruins that he’d ever seen. The images Mugnai has captured come from empty castles, shuttered power plants, and dilapidated churches around the world. From a sunken yacht in Antarctica to a forever-closed amusement park in Japan, these images all make up a sort of anti-phoenix; rather than rising as new from the ashes, these husks remain preserved in decomposition, forcing viewers to confront the strange beauty of ruination.

Sunken Yacht In Antarctica

Abandoned Mill from 1866. Sorrento, Italy

Tunnel of Love, Kleven, Ukraine

Winter sun.

Japan’s Abandoned Amusement Park

Theater

Abandoned railroad in France

Goražde, Bosnia

Arbutus

Ivy Ruins by John Neville Cohen

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        Any back stories on the ruins pics?

And in case it hasn't been said, Reagan is 10x the man that Obama could ever hope to be.
                        Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          I love this pic. I have it autographed by all 3. It's one of my favorites in my collection.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                                Any info on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X