• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• You gotta get home sometimes lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
        You gotta get home sometimes lol
        That ain't gonna work, I think I would rather use pantyhose.

Comment

• I was wondering more on what that hunk of shit was lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
            You gotta get home sometimes lol
            With the condition the pulleys are in the engine looks like it hasn't ran for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
              Shoestring budget.

Comment

• As someone else said, "More security sent to parks and monuments today than Obama sent to Benghazi on 9/11/12."

Comment

• Comment

• Dumbass.

Last edited by Pokulski-Blatz; 10-03-2013, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                      As someone else said, "More security sent to parks and monuments today than Obama sent to Benghazi on 9/11/12."

Comment

• Comment

• Crap, I just realized that this may severely impact my birthday plans. My GF booked a room in Yosemite the last weekend in October, I wonder just how locked down the National Parks will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            Crap, I just realized that this may severely impact my birthday plans. My GF booked a room in Yosemite the last weekend in October, I wonder just how locked down the National Parks will be.

They are kicking people out of the hotels today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                              Crap, I just realized that this may severely impact my birthday plans. My GF booked a room in Yosemite the last weekend in October, I wonder just how locked down the National Parks will be.
                              Better hope they restart the machine.

Tuesday:

Yosemite National Park turns 123 today, but it won’t be open for its own birthday.

Since the federal government partially shut down at 12:01 a.m., Yosemite is one of the more than 50 National Parks that will remain closed until Congress passes a new federal budget.

According the Park Service’s contingency plan for this situation, those trying to enter any place administered by the NPS will meet locked gates and closed entrances.

Even those with special permits, which often require years of planning are being denied access to NPS lands. If you’ve planned a scenic wedding in Yellowstone, you’ll have to wait because special-use permits have been revoked.

And people are pissed.

Rafters Protest Grand Canyon Shutdown
                              Crowd of angry permit holders grows

During the federal government shutdown, it will literally take an act of Congress for rafters to float the Grand Canyon, and those who already have permits are protesting.

On Tuesday, three groups of rafters—48 people total—with permits to launch met armed National Park rangers and law-enforcement officials blocking off the entrance to Lees Ferry, the put-in for the Grand Canyon.

There's an "Occupy Yosemite" protest tomorrow.

"We are a little bit pissed off up here," said Stacey Powells, news director for Eastern Sierra radio stations KMMT and KRHV. "We have to stand up to this. Enough is enough."

Powells, who is based in Mammoth Lakes, is planning an Occupy Yosemite event this Friday. Participants will enter the park from its eastern terminus in the Tioga Pass and stage a sit-in at Tuolumne Meadows, knowingly risking citation.

Occupy Yosemite is scheduled for Friday afternoon. Powells says to meet at the Tioga Mobile Mart on Highway 120 at 1 p.m. Then participants will caravan into the park. "They cannot take away our access to our national parks which are on public lands," she said. "They can't use this as a bargaining chip."

unrelated pic to stay on topic

Last edited by Strychnine; 10-03-2013, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• ^Wherez protective rack feet?!!?

Comment

Working...
                                X