Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ratt View Post
    Are those good guns? They sure are pretty.
    Yes, definitely.

I LOVE my CZ 75 P-01 and want more of them.

Comment

• That's pretty damn cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
        That's pretty damn cheap.
        That's about as cheap as guns get. They've always been a bargain. There are many different sizes and models. Adam has some of the high dollar match/elite versions that run around $1k.

I've had a full frame 10mm and I have a compact .45 and both of them are great guns.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• I really dig that gun in olive, Matt.

Comment

• And it ain't cheap chinese shit either, apparently.
            Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by barronj View Post
                And it ain't cheap chinese shit either, apparently.
                Witnesses are Italian, but based on the Czech CZ-75. They are essentially the same gun. I believe the last several years of IDPA and IPSC have been won with Witnesses, it goes back and forth between them and 1911's. Needless to say they are good guns. CZ-75's are slightly more than a Witness.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  I really dig that gun in olive, Matt.
                  They are badass guns.

On the P-01 specifically, that "NSN" number on the slide is the Nato Stock Number.

Here's the testing it has to endure to get that:

CZ P-01 gets NATO approval. The next Generation of perfect pistols
                  2003-02-01

The P-01 is now a NATO classified pistol and issued the NATO stock number NSN 1005-16-000-8619.

The CZ P-01 is the culmination of several years of exhaustive design and testing. Ceska Zbrojovka has always had some of the most rigorous testing requirements in the world but, the Czech National police has required that they go even further, the testing regiment for this new pistol was the most demanding anyone has ever encountered. There are almost 20 specific requirements covering everything from accuracy to interchangability, from safety to reliability/durability and everything in between.

The pistol: The CZ P-01 is a Gen 3 pistol that began as a requirement for a lightweight compact pistol that will deliver the accuracy and durability of a full size, full weight pistol. This was no small task, several manufacturers declined to even start the project.

The first thing you notice about this pistol is the M3 light rail on the frame, a first for CZ, the alloy frame is a little wider at the top than a steel CZ 75. This adds strength and rigidity for mounting the light and increasing the accuracy and service life of the pistol. The P-01 also sports enhanced controls as well as a drop free magazine and a lanyard loop.

The pistol was required to pass a wide variety of tests:

The police required that the pistol ensure the highest level of comfort, an extended slide release was added as well as an extended magazine release and the trigger was reshaped to give a more consistent pull throughout the trigger stroke.

The pistol must be 100% reliable in extreme conditions, the following is a list of some of the minimum requirements.

Must be able to complete the following without failure:

4000 dry firings
                  3000 De-cockings
                  Operator level disassembly 1350 times with out ware or damage to components.
                  Complete disassembly 150 times, this is all the way down, pins, springs etc.
                  100% interchangability, any number of pistols randomly selected, disassembled, parts mixed and reassembled with no failures of any kind including loss of accuracy.

Safety requirements:

Drop test
                  1.5 meter (4.9”) drop test, this is done 54 times with the pistol loaded (blank) and the hammer cocked. Dropping the pistol on the butt, the muzzle, back of the slide, sides of the gun, top of the slide, in essence, any angle that you could drop the gun from. This is done on concrete and 0 failures are allowed! A failure is the gun firing.

3meter drop (9.8”) 5 times with the pistol loaded (blank) and the hammer cocked, This is done on concrete and 0 failures are allowed! A failure is the gun firing.

After these tests are complete the gun must fire without service.

The factory contracted an independent lab to do additional testing on guns that previously passed the drop tests. These pistol were dropped an additional 352 times without failure.

The pistol must also complete an environmental conditions test:
                  This means cold, heat, dust/sand and mud.
                  The pistol must fire after being frozen for 24 hours at –35C (-36F).
                  The pistol must fire after being heated for 24 hours at 70C (126F)
                  The pistol must fire after being submerged in mud, sand and combinations including being stripped of oil then completing the sand and mud tests again.

Service life:
                  The service life requirement from the Czech police was 15,000 rounds of +P ammo!
                  The pistol will exceed 30,000 rounds with ball 9mm.

Reliability:
                  The reliability requirements for the P-01 pistol are 99.8%, that’s a .2% failure rate.
                  This equals 20 stoppages in 10,000 rounds or 500 “Mean Rounds Between Failure” (MRBF)
                  During testing, the average number of stoppages was only 7 per 15,000 rounds fired, this is a .05% failure rate, a MRBF rate of 2142 rounds! Over 4 time the minimum acceptable requirement.
                  The U.S. Army MRBF requirement is 495 rounds for 9mm pistols with 115 grain Ball ammunition.

The OD green is not too common. From CZ:
                  Oct 1, 2012:
                  As of a few months ago when I answered one fellow’s questions, there were right at 600 of them brought in. Each year the factory does a short run of them and they’ve been trickling in every few orders. Because they aren’t a catalog item, they usually get sold to distributors as a special item. I think we started seeing them in 2004.

Last edited by Strychnine; 11-13-2013, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Okay, now I want one.

Comment

• I dont get this one??

Comment

• Comment

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Comment

• Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Working...
                                X