No announcement yet.

Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This blows my mind. I wonder how long it took them to cut it down with that saw? I bet it took days, weeks. Then, how the heck do you move it. I wonder if that is the tree used to build a certain log home. I toured this home at the State Fair. This house was built from a portion 65' up.

This 1900 year old redwood log house is a historical exhibit. That travels the country to all events. to show the beauty of these god created wonders.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank View Post

This blows my mind. I wonder how long it took them to cut it down with that saw? I bet it took days, weeks. Then, how the heck do you move it. I wonder if that is the tree used to build a certain log home. I toured this home at the State Fair. This house was built from a portion 65' up.

http://www.redwoodloghouse.com/index.html
        that house is amazing! a man's hard work can do incredible stuff

Comment

• I think it's kind of shitty. Cut down a 1900 year old tree? What the fuck. Those home pictures are awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
            I think it's kind of shitty. Cut down a 1900 year old tree? What the fuck. Those home pictures are awesome.
            My guess is a man that couldn't afford a real house.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
              I think it's kind of shitty. Cut down a 1900 year old tree? What the fuck. Those home pictures are awesome.
              I agree, but back then few people were really thinking about preservation of things. Besides the take down of that one tree, don't you know it also destroys probably hundreds of smaller trees when it came crashing down.

Yeah, that log house was really really nice inside. The guy was telling us how well insulated it was from outside noise and weather. It had to be pretty windy to even rock it.

Comment

• Just think how big that fucker would have been if it was still there. Jeez!

Comment

• Just a little bigger. Those trees grow slooooooow.

Comment

• If you haven't ever been, I highly suggest taking a trip to Yosemite, the numbers don't do the trees justice.

It feels like another planet.

Comment

• "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                        Obama selfie with the "white prize!"

Mamma Obama doesn't look too happy about this.
                        ¡Bienvenido a la fiesta, amigo!
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          If you haven't ever been, I highly suggest taking a trip to Yosemite, the numbers don't do the trees justice.

It feels like another planet.
                          Nor do pictures, definitely makes one realize how insignificant we are in the grand scheme of nature.

Comment

• "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• How long did they have to yell "Timber!" as the tree was coming down ?

Comment

Working...
                                X