No announcement yet.

Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to my sisters wedding back in September. It was at my mom's house in Arizona, they have a small airport there. My mom lives on Osprey Ln. and right in the middle of the ceremony an Osprey made a big sweeping turn right over the top of us at pretty low altitude. Some of the guests thought we had somehow arranged it for the ceremony because of the street name and all..... turns out it was coming in for an emergency landing.

On a side note, weren't most of the accidents related to the engine/propellers not rotating forward/back in sync and causing loss of control?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        If you haven't ever been, I highly suggest taking a trip to Yosemite, the numbers don't do the trees justice.

It feels like another planet.
        Sequoia National Forest (just east of Visalia) even better for the BIG trees.
        General Sherman tree is touted as the largest living tree in the world. It's there.

David

Comment

• How. In. The. Fuckingfuck?

Comment

• That had to have been a reloading press. Looks like .300blk, must have been an auto loader.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
              On a side note, weren't most of the accidents related to the engine/propellers not rotating forward/back in sync and causing loss of control?
              I think they were permitted to rotate forward into level flight mode too quickly... that is to say before there was sufficient forward speed to have the wings create enough lift.

Could be wrong though. Off to Wiki.

Comment

• How the fuck do you do that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                  How the fuck do you do that?
                  Reloading presses exert thousands of pounds of pressure. It's pretty damn easy. I resized a part of my index finger to 9mm once.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                      Helosailor = Scott. At least it did until his untimely demise when his car lost its brakes and went over that cliff. while I was in Europe on vacation!

David
                      Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                      Highlighted & saved. Evidence! Lol
                      Ninja edit for the save, your honor.

David

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        Reloading presses exert thousands of pounds of pressure. It's pretty damn easy. I resized a part of my index finger to 9mm once.
                        I will just keep buying my ammo....

Comment

• I've seen many an Osprey power sliding turns in the airspace above Lejeune.

Those turns are quite arresting the first couple of times you see it.
                          Jay Johnson
                          Car hauler for hire

Comment

• Pretty sure the rotating portion of the rotor systems are synced which means if they were to rotate independently, the aircraft would experience catastrophic faliure for whoch the emergency procedure is to bend over and kiss your ass good bye. It was the same on the Phrog (ch46).

While the Osprey has killed quite a few guys, other rotary wing aircraft killed more when they were initially introduced. For instance, we would have to check bolts on what we called the "410 section" because back in the day the back of the helicopter would simply come off

Comment

• Also my old squadron (now an osprey squadron) recently got back from Afghanistan and I have it on good authority that the aircraft can take quite a few AK rounds and keep flying

Comment

• When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                                X