Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
    We should start an engine carnage thread.
    You start it, I'll contribute.

I just took another job btw. Same company, but I might be a bit more removed from the carnage soon. I'd better get pics while I can!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
        SPM = nothing of value was lost.
        True.

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        lol

Not sure if I've posted this before but speaking of crankshaft destruction...

Damn!

David

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          You start it, I'll contribute.

I just took another job btw. Same company, but I might be a bit more removed from the carnage soon. I'd better get pics while I can!
          Hell yeah! Congratulations on the new position.

Comment

• WTH? What uses roller bearings on the crank? How many rpm is that capable of turning?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Frank View Post
                WTH? What uses roller bearings on the crank? How many rpm is that capable of turning?
                David will dickpunch me if I misspeak here, but that is a mud pump crank.

When powered by a diesel engine most of the bigger ones (900+hp) are are designed for 1200 rpm nominal operation (900-1300 rpm in the field) generally with 3, 4, or 5 pumping cylinders. Smaller pumps (300-600hp) will be in the 1800rpm range.

EDITING FOR CLARITY:
                The engine or other driver turns that speed. The pumps have internal gears too.

Here's a 960 hp @ 1200 rpm QSK38 powered triplex pump (Rongsheng pump, out of China). This one has 4.207:1 internal gearing to slow it down.

There are also electric drive pumps. I know shit about them.
                Last edited by Strychnine; 02-27-2014, 02:08 PM.

Comment

When powered by a diesel engine most if the bigger ones (900+hp) are are designed for 1200 rpm nominal operation (900-1300 rpm in the field) generally with 3, 4, or 5 pumping cylinders. Smaller pumps (300-600hp) will be in the 1800rpm range.

As for speeds when electric motor driven... not sure.
                  It just depends on the pump. When I was at FMC, they had some that could pump sand slurry at 20,000 psi, and would routinely test them to 30,000psi. It's a freakin' arms race, though, so I'm sure somebody has something bigger.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    Damn, my grandfather had a 1966 Tempest, dark blue. When the heater was running it sounded like there were crickets chirping while it was on, lol.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                      Hella BOOM!

David
                      Are you in building J? I'm at SPM ALOT! I had a few pics of me next to those cranks. They're about 60"
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Ded

Comment

• Originally posted by VaderTT View Post

This guy is awesome
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            i know i am are a fucking idiot.i know i should have pulled out of my mommas ass to make a shit fuck like me.bitch
                            Originally Posted By: Polska
                            I don't believe in shotting any animal past 150 or 200 yards, until their is better technology in 10 or 20 years and we have laser like the predators.

Comment

• ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

There are also electric drive pumps. I know shit about them.

Pretty much dead on, but that was a fracking crank. Mud pump cranks dwarf those frackers. This was from a 2250 Triplex.

We have a mud pump, PZ-2400 that "I believe" is the worlds largest (in terms of volume). Actually smaller foot print than the competitor's but takes opprox. 4000bhp to run it. Used mostly on offshore rigs but have been selling quite a few for land rigs up north. The new version has an electric motor on top. 85,000 lbs of behemoth. Picks don't do it justice.

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                                It just depends on the pump. When I was at FMC, they had some that could pump sand slurry at 20,000 psi, and would routinely test them to 30,000psi. It's a freakin' arms race, though, so I'm sure somebody has something bigger.
                                We have pump that generates 50kpsi but is much smaller than these drilling/fracking pumps. Less volume.

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                                Are you in building J? I'm at SPM ALOT! I had a few pics of me next to those cranks. They're about 60"
                                I don't work for SPM. We just get their equipment in daily for repairs.

David

Comment

Working...
                                X