Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
      I highly doubt that the name was merely coincidental.
      ??? I was making a slight comparison to Def Leppard's one armed drummer.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by trblshooter View Post

Comment

• Ded

Comment

• Ded

Comment

• That first Alaska pic, purely coincidental I assume, but that's a 58, 59, and a 60 Chevy all in a row. Maybe I'm getting old and forgetting shit, but I never remembered an earthquake that big in Alaska in the 60's.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattB View Post
                  That first Alaska pic, purely coincidental I assume, but that's a 58, 59, and a 60 Chevy all in a row. Maybe I'm getting old and forgetting shit, but I never remembered an earthquake that big in Alaska in the 60's.
                  Yeah it's from the 1964 alaska earthquake, it's linked above.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    Yeah it's from the 1964 alaska earthquake, it's linked above.
                    Oh I know that, I just never remembered that earthquake in the past, if that makes sense. I don't remember it in school, books, History Channel, etc.

Comment

• Comment

• Worlds Largest Jack-up Drilling Rig, The Maersk Intrepid. Just finished and currently being delivered to the North Sea.

Rated Water Depth: 482 ft
                        Drilling Depth: 40,000 ft
                        Derrick: 210' x 49' x 52' - Capacity: 2,100,000 lbs
                        Drawworks: NOV SSGD 5,750 HP
                        Mud Pumps: 4 x NOV 14-P-220 9" bore x 14" stroke, single acting triplex rated for 7500 psi, 2200 HP
                        Top Drive: NOV HPS-03, 1150 HP
                        Rotary Table: NOV 49.5 in. diameter Model VBJ RST Hydraulic Operated - Torque 45,000 ft/lb at 5 rpm

Last edited by Strychnine; 03-25-2014, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Do they "boat" it over? It looks like it is designed as a hull, kind of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            Do they "boat" it over? It looks like it is designed as a hull, kind of.
                            Probably towed.

Comment

• Where was it manufactured? Maersk is one of the two groups that I'm convinced run the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                                Where was it manufactured? Maersk is one of the two groups that I'm convinced run the world.
                                Singapore. Where nearly every offshore rig shipyard is.

They are actually building four - this is just the first.

Here's the Keppel FELS yard they are coming out of.

Comment

Working...
                                X